none
Scroll bar problem when using Start and Finish Date parameter

Question

• I have SQL Server 2008R2 SSRS on SharePoint 2010.  IE version is 8.0.

My current solution allows me to select start date, but there is problems with other parameters:
    1) When I click Finish date, vertical scroll bar comes. This is usability problem. Report do get filter with Finish date parameter.) When I click Office Name, vertical scroll bar comes. When I click dropdown, the scroll bar disapper, but never it let me to choose value from dropdown. This is major issue that I cannot make parameter working.

I have 4 parameters:
    1) Start Date (Format is 1.1.2009)
    2) Finish Date (Format is 9.1.2013)
    3) Application Name (allow multiple values)
    4) Office Name (allow multiple values)

Problem occures in SharePoint 2010 Report Viewer, but not in Previw of Visual Studio.
    Report Viewer webpart have Height and Width configured as Adjust height to fit zone.

There are plenty of vertical space in sharepoint site so why vertical scroll bar appears at all and 
    then mess my parameters? How to fix? Problem will not occcur if I remove Start Date and Finish Date parameter.

Kenny_I

Monday, July 08, 2013 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Kenny_I,

I have tried to reproduce the issue in my test environment (SSRS 2008 R2 SP2 + SharePoint 2010 +IE 10), however, the parameters work well in a Reporting Services Report Viewer Web Part.  Here, the following suggestions are for your reference:

Suggestion 1: Check the issue in Compatibility View mode of IE 8 or check the SharePoint page using IE 9 on a different machine.

Suggestion 2: Modify the <appSettings> elements in the Web.config file of the SharePoint site as follows:

<appSettings>    
       <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="10000" />
    </appSettings>

For example, if the SharePoint Web application uses port 80, then the Web.config file of the SharePoint site is located in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 folder.

Suggestion 3: Upgrade the SQL Server instance to SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. It’s recommended that you first install the update in a test environment instead of a production environment directly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:07 AM
  • I have made further tests. I have 3 environment with SQL Server 2008R2 with SharePoint on IE8.0

There is technical problem with "Adjust Height to fit zone" with all 3 environment.

However problem exist only in 1 environment with "Fixed height" settings". 2 other environment is ok.

Question is why Start and Finish parameter is not working in one specific environment?

Is this software version issue?

Question for Suggestion 2. I did not find MaxHttpCollectionKeys from web.config so I suppose you mean that I should add it. What is role of this key?

• Edited by Kenny_I Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:55 AM added another question
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:49 AM
  • Hi Kenny_I,

Sorry for the delay.

Afer making further analysis, I think it may be caused by CSS setting. Please use Internet Explorer developer tool to check the size of outside container to check what happens.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:53 AM