The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Question

•  

Hi,

I have created a web service from Biztalk Orchestration. This web service is placed on a remote server.

When I run the solution inside the Visual studio of my local PC which call this web service. This Web Service is working fine.

But When I deploy this solution to the remote server where web service is located, I an getting following error message.

If you know how to resolve this could you please let me know

thanks in advance

Shafraz

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.]
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +1252
       System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) +61
       System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) +95
       System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) +49
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) +70
       System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) +54
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) +0
       System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) +174
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() +202
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +55
       System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +12
       System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() +70
       System.Data.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving) +197
       System.Data.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(String fileName) +58
       ABCD.CustomerPortal.Sharepoint.UserControls.UserControls_ABCD_PODelivary_Search_Results.InitialiseControl(String podsXml) +371
       ABCD.CustomerPortal.Sharepoint.UserControls.UserControls_ABCD_PODelivary_Search_Results.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +393
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +45
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +98
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4311

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.62

Monday, April 07, 2008 3:55 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all the replies.

We found a cause for this issue.

Actually It was due to missing XML shema.

Where web service is retuns XML data as form of string. In order to encode the response a XML shema is required.

the XML schema was not on the machine  therefore this error came up.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:02 AM

All replies

•  

What is your client ? Are you getting this exception when trying to access the service even from a browser ?
    Monday, April 07, 2008 11:59 PM
  • Thanks for all the replies.

We found a cause for this issue.

Actually It was due to missing XML shema.

Where web service is retuns XML data as form of string. In order to encode the response a XML shema is required.

the XML schema was not on the machine  therefore this error came up.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:02 AM