Unable to run J# Web Site on 64-bit Server

Question

• I have created a simple J# web site which works fine on my local 32-bit machine with Visual Studio 2005. But when I try to run it on 64-bit machine, I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d
    50a3a'

I downloaded the vjredist.exe and installed it, but I still get the same message.

I came up with this article( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894435 ) and found out that  I could enable 32-bit version of ASP.NET 2.0  run on Win 64-bit OS. Having done this made my web site work fine, but does this mean all the other existing web sites, which is working just fine in 64-bit mode, have to run in 32-bit mode? The other web sites are written in C#.

Is there any way to run my J# web site, without changing the IIS mode to 32-bit and affect the other web sites' performance?

Thanks in advance.

numbler

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:10 AM

Answers

• There is not a 64bit version of the j# redist you will have to run IIS in 32bit mode.
    Friday, July 28, 2006 9:19 AM

All replies

• There is not a 64bit version of the j# redist you will have to run IIS in 32bit mode.
    Friday, July 28, 2006 9:19 AM
  •  Ken Tucker wrote:
    There is not a 64bit version of the j# redist you will have to run IIS in 32bit mode.

I might as well think better of coding in J# . Hope a new version of j# redist be released soon..

thanks,

numbler

Friday, July 28, 2006 10:03 AM
  • Hi Ken,

I am working on c# project and want to zip and unzip files .So i m using j# to zip and unzip files.

I m developing on windows 2000 Pro so it is working fine but when i install my utility on server 64 bit it doesnot work.

i m getting the error message :

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,   PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

i have installed j# redistributable package 2.0 on serverbut still it is not working . Can u please suggest me some other way out.

thanks

Rohit Gupta

Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:28 AM