none
kinect for pc not working

Question

• dear all

i am trying to use my kinect as a web cam, i believe i have done everything correctly i have a little green flashing light on the front of the kinect, all the drivers in the device manager have installed correctly, i am using the external power supply for the kinect and my computer is very capable of running everything required. i have watched a video on youtube where the guys says about placing a kinectcam.ax file onto of regsvr32.exe file and i believe this is where my problem lies because i am gettin a constant error message ill attach a pic, please can someone help, and for refrence the specs of my com are asrock z68 pro 3 motherboard, intel i5 2500k @3.30ghz i have a 500gb western digital internal system drive as well as a 500gb phillips external drive too, plus 16gb kingston ddr3 ram and win7 64bit so there is no reason why this shouldn't work, ill be very greatful to anyone who can help

thank you for reading my essay lol

rhino.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:44 AM

All replies

• Which version of the SDK did you install? Do the samples work? If so, you should follow up with the provider of the plugin as it is not part of our release.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:28 AM