none
how do you fix error code 0x80004005?

Question

•  

I've been trying to install the trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my windows vista home premium 32bit system.  I recieved the error code 2739, upon running the installer.  Upon searching Adobe's website for help with this issue I found the fix for it was.

On a 32-bit Windows Vista system:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click on Command Prompt, select Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
    3. If the prompt reads C:\Windows\System32>, proceed to Step 4. If not, type the following command exactly as it appears below, including the quotation marks, and then press Enter:

cd "%systemroot%\System32"

4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
    5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.

However, upon pressing enter after the 4rth step, i get

RegSvr32 error : The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.  For more infromation about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

After searching through, what appears to be several pages of issues, all resulting from this error code. I stumbled on this and am hoping SOMEONE can help me.  I would greatly appreciate it, since my computer manufacturer tells me to contact Adobe, and Adobe tells me to contact Microsoft.  I hope here I wont be directed to contact someone else for more of a run around.

Friday, July 25, 2008 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

try the following steps:

1. Run command prompt as Administrator
    2. Change folder by issuing the following command :

For Windows Vista 32-bit: cd C:\windows\System32

For Windows Vista 64-bit: cd C:\windows\SysWow64

3. Type the following command and hit Enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

4. Type the following command and hit Enter:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

5. Run the installer again.

and good luck!

Friday, July 25, 2008 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

try the following steps:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

and good luck!

Friday, July 25, 2008 6:24 AM
  • Excellent Recommendations!!! This fixed my very similar problem.

Sunday, August 03, 2008 1:40 AM
  • I have the same problem, but this doesn't work, dll was sucscesfully registered, but problem stil exist :-(
    • Proposed as answer by azteca70s Saturday, September 11, 2010 4:40 AM
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:15 PM
  • Sorry for this... rudeness maybe... but what this has to do with SSIS?
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:28 PM
  • Alright, I'm not exactly having the same issue with photoshop, but I am getting the " The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.  For more infromation about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term." I tried to run this in command prompt, but the exact same error message came up. Is there anyway to fix this?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I ran command prompt, but not as an administrator. The problem should be fixed now.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:54 AM
  • Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
    Timestamp: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:59:34 UTC

Line: 1189
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://s.ytimg.com/yt/js/my_account_all-vfl94379.js

Alright this is off topic, but is there anyway to correct this? This is initially why I was trying to do the regsvr32 thing. Somebody said to try running that and it should correct this. It didn't. Is there any way to fix this?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:02 AM
  •  

I've been trying to install the trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my windows vista home premium 32bit system.  I recieved the error code 2739, upon running the installer.  Upon searching Adobe's website for help with this issue I found the fix for it was.

On a 32-bit Windows Vista system:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click on Command Prompt, select Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
    3. If the prompt reads http://ontariolocksandsecurity.com proceed to Step 4. If not, type the following command exactly as it appears below, including the quotation marks, and then press Enter:

cd "%systemroot%\System32"

4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
    5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.

However, upon pressing enter after the 4rth step, i get

RegSvr32 error : The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.  For more infromation about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

After searching through, what appears to be several pages of issues, all resulting from this error code. I stumbled on this and am hoping SOMEONE can help me.  I would greatly appreciate it, since my computer manufacturer tells me to contact Adobe, and Adobe tells me to contact Microsoft.  I hope here I wont be directed to contact someone else for more of a run around.

ok try to replace it
    • Proposed as answer by chesterbusker Monday, April 08, 2013 4:14 PM
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 6:28 PM
  • I tried this and still get the same message
    Tuesday, August 04, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Same here. NOTHING worked for me, until I found this nifty little solution. Here it is ; )

1) download SubInAcl at  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

2) Go to
    C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools (you can paste this into your browser to go there) and create a notepad file called reset. Paste this into the file:

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

3) save the file as reset.cmd Remember to change the file type to "all files" and not just "Text"
    4) a reset command should show up, run it.

After you let the command finish running, the 0x80004005 error should be taken care of

• Edited by qella3 Thursday, August 06, 2009 4:49 AM spelling error
    • Proposed as answer by tomtommorrow Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:33 AM
    Thursday, August 06, 2009 4:47 AM
  • Wao ...... i was looking for this from  last 2-3 months . Same problem  i found while i was trying to install Adobe Indesign CS4 & in yahoo IM window also as it was not displaying any messages while chatting.

@qella3 - you rock \-/ .
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 4:41 PM
  • For anyone else who is interested, the above solution appears to fix a whole host of issues related to the following:

1. error code 0x800700005 when trying to register dtspipeline.dll
    2. import/export error in SQL Server Management Studio
    3. Vista not allowing regsvr32 to be executed as administrator
    4. Other vista permissions

If nothing else works (as in my case), this solution did the trick. Nice job qella3.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:41 AM
  • ur great I fix it... thanks
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Qella3-You are a diamond!  My Vista Ultimate already had this download:  SubInAcl at  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en.

So all I had to do was the Notepad you suggested! I was trying to install the Sky player and couldn't do because of the vb runtime error and the 0x80004005 error. But everything has been sorted now! Thank you! I am a happy person! xx
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:09 AM
  • Hi guyis

Do you have any ideeas in case of using WINDOWS 7-Microsoft Vis Web 2008 how could this problem be solved?

Using :

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

function btnImgClick() {

var fso = ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

...}

gives me the error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

I appreciate it!

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:34 AM
  •    
    I have  the same problem, but this doesn't work, dll was sucscesfully registered, but problem stil exist :-(
    dllRegsvr32 vbscript.dll  sucsceeded
    regsvr32 jscript.dll   The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.
                                            for more information about this problem,search online using the error code as a search term.
    • Proposed as answer by azteca70s Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:00 AM
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:00 AM
  • Dear qella3,

Thanks a lot for putting this up. I have a question though. With ''create a notepad'', do you mean, inside this folder? Or just somewhere random? And when exactly does the command start running? Please help me out, you're wonderful if so!

Cheers from Holland,

Thomas

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:57 PM
  • yeah create it inside that folder, making sure its called reset
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:37 PM
  • Hi Qella... I am using Windows 7 ... tried the fix u gave... not working..

please advise

Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Hi Qella... I am using Windows 7 ... tried the fix u gave... not working..

please advise

I do have still the same problem after trying qella3 solution, I am using Windows 7 as well, I do have office 2003, 2007, and 2010 on my computer, and when I try to run an Excel macro that copy data from Excel to another program I got this message:

Visual Basic For Application

"Licence information for this component not found. You do not have as appropriate license to use this functionality in  the design environment."

I need help guys!

• Proposed as answer by Philchita-Gus Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Philchita-Gus Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:21 PM
  • Thank you qella this worked like a charm for the error DLLregisterserver in jscript.dll failed 80004005.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 3:33 PM
  • qella 3,

THANK YOU!!!  This worked!!  I did this and rebooted. The I did Start/Run  "Cmd" and "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and it didn't fail!!

Thank you! I think this is the FIRST TIME ever, I've gotten a solution from a MICROSOFT website as opposed to a tech web board. I've been looking for an answer for over a year!!

Thanks! They need to make this the solution for this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831430

Tim

Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:01 AM
  • I was getting this error trying to register the VB6 mouse wheel addin.  I think it basically means that you need to have administrator privileges to run the regsvr32 command.  So, however you're trying to register whatever dll, make sure you're using administrator privileges.
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:07 PM
  • where do i save the file? cuz when i try to save it in the tools folder you gave me, it says that i don't have the permission to save it there and that i need to contact the administrator first. but this is my own computer and i am the administrator i already created my administrator account and everything. so how do i deal with it? should i just save it in another folder?
    Monday, May 02, 2011 9:26 AM
  • right click the main folder-> Properties-> security and make sure both admins and users have full control. Apply, and remove the check from readonly
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Well I have read all the posts you guys made. But it seemed to me that some easy stuffs were made a bit complicated here.however thanks for your replies.it helped me  a lot :) but I also figured out a solution for it.....just open the All Programs from your Start menu,Select Accessories & then right click on command prompt,select Run As Administrator...& you will be able to register the dll's.

Hope this helps....cheers! :)

• Proposed as answer by whenhow Friday, June 15, 2012 5:30 AM
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Yes, Thanks Abdul, much easier.
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:19 PM
  • I got the same error code when trying to connect my bluetooth printer on my Win7x64bit. Thought I was going to need printer reinstall or worse from looking at some of the solutions here. I brought up the help page on the HP Solutions center and it told me to go through the Control panel, not the taskbar where the BT resides and also has add devices. Went to devices and printers and added the Btooth printer portion there without error code 0x80004005. Was a problem of the wrong driver being utilized by the Btooth section as opposed to the Win7 Control Panel area. Why can't the darn computer hash this out without me expending all of this energy? Maybe ten more years they will be smarter.
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:05 PM
  • it not work on my laptop for window 7
    Friday, September 02, 2011 1:34 AM
  • quella3 you are a life saver.

Not only it fixed my media player problem it fixed the annoying setup screens i got when starting office programs.

Thanks a lot. You just saved me a format :)

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Folder "Windows Resource Kits" does not exist on my computer.  (Windows Vista Home Premium SP2). 

The error "The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005" seems to be preventing visualization of my Sidebar calendar and stock ticker, and now I discover that Windows Media Player won't start.  A posted fix for this latter problem sends me back to the "regsvr32 jscript.dll" solution, but of course, that doesn't work. 

I had great hopes that qella3's fix would work a miracle, but can't proceed without that Kits folder.  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

• Proposed as answer by Vikash Maan Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Vikash Maan Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vikash Maan Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:19 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Thanks Abdul - I missed the part about "Run as Administrator". 

It's simple and it works - nice!

Friday, November 11, 2011 11:25 AM
  • Many Thanks to Abdul, after trying all kinds of stuff, Running Command Prompt as Administrator did the trick! 

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:20 AM
  • Qella - you are my hero!!! I have tried I don't know how many fixes, and none had worked, but yours did! Thanks a million!!!

Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:46 PM
  • hello bdepamph

I believe you're not able to find kits folder for two reasons.

1. you have not downloaded and installed the microsoft tool from the following link as suggested by Qella 3 from following link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

2. if you successfully completed so then you are running 64 bit  windows 7.you will find the resource kits folder in the below mentioned location

c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

You may further follow the troubleshhoting as suggested by quella 3 and it might work as  it worked for other users here and to my customers many times.

once i was able to fix the issue after uninstalling and then reinstalling java if it works for you. 

Hour's before writing this reply I faced the same issue dreamtown girl is facing as i too is not able to save the reset.cmd file in correct location and working to troubleshoot this.Hope i'll be able to find a solution while I work on remote computer of customers and share it with every 1 if it wrks.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:19 AM
  • I'm afraid if you save it to another location it will not work.I'm facing this issue first time else quella's formulla used to resolve issue perfectly.lets see if amazing technet community is able to fix it. Spirit is We can :)
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:23 AM
  • Hello everyone,

If the perfectly mentioned solution by Quella 3 is not working for some of my friends and you're using windows 7 or windows vista operating system then

1.you may also try disabling the UAC (If you're administrator then please also remove your login password unless we follow procedure)

To get help doing this follow the link mentioned below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

2. Restart the computer to take changes into effect 

3. Now run the command prompt as administrator 

(make sure you have c:\windows\system32> at the command prompt)

3. restart the computer and see if it works 

4. reinstall the java to latest version 

(make sure restart of the computer while uninstalling and reinstalling the java)

5. If Step 1 to 4  don't work then disable your antivirus and anti spyware product and try step 1 to step 4 again 

If this solution is not working then please share below mentioned information with me and to avoid confsusion start a new thread / discussion along with following information 

1.  State your current IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 SP1; Win7 64-bit; Win7 64-bit SP1) in your first post.

2. Mention your antivirus and antispyware / pc optimization programs and their version 

3. Mention if antivirus / antispyware product is licensed / trail or OEM

4. If trail then if the subscription is expired or not

Thank you.

• Proposed as answer by Vikash Maan Friday, March 30, 2012 5:46 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Thanks qella....
    Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:10 AM
  • This worked for my new widows 7 home premium 64 bit version.

Thanks very much, if you are still listening.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:05 PM
  • I was getting the same error msg and tried this.  Unfortunately, it didn't work and now I can't undo this.  This put all my shortcuts on my toolbar, my recycle bin doesn't retain files - I guess once I delete files, they're gone forever.

I've tried System Restore and I get an error msg saying I don't have enough memory to restore (I have 1.16GB on my HD).

Also, my malware and security programs are off.

Please HELP me!  Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by whenhow Friday, June 15, 2012 5:20 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by whenhow Friday, June 15, 2012 5:20 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:12 PM
  • qella3 you really do rock. This solved my problem!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:36 PM
  • I run "reset" twice but nothing helps: my burner still refuses to burn movies and anything else - the disc burner is completely disabled due the same error code 0x80004005. I've tried another, external burner - the same error.

My OS Windows 7, 64 bits, Adobe Premiere CS4.

Would be very nuch grateful for help.

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:43 AM
  • Thanks for your solution. It helped me a lot when i was having problem with my yahoo messenger. I wasn't seeing what i type and when someone type too, I don't see it but it is working again. :)   

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Hi,

try the following steps:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

and good luck!

It is really important to run this as ADMINISTRATOR - other wise it won't work!

Try finding Cmd.exe and then right click - run as administrator!

Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:44 PM
  • hi. I have a slightly different problem ( And this error appeared while I was looking for solutions). Anyway, I have Win7 64-bit SP1. Avast antivirus. I cannot to see any of the dialogue boxes on my computer ( no text even on windows task manager) or any text on my browser (for instance,results on google are not visible). I just did a basic restore, after which this problem started. Any ideas about this?
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:57 AM
  • THANK YOU, AFTER TRYING SO MANY THINGS THIS SOLUTION DID WORK GREAT. I WAS ALREADY THINKING OF PAYING TO GET IT FIX.  
    Friday, September 14, 2012 8:12 PM
  • Same here. NOTHING worked for me, until I found this nifty little solution. Here it is ; )

1) download SubInAcl at  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

2) Go to
    C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools (you can paste this into your browser to go there) and create a notepad file called reset. Paste this into the file:

3) save the file as reset.cmd Remember to change the file type to "all files" and not just "Text"

After you let the command finish running, the 0x80004005 error should be taken care of

Thanks qella3

This solved my problem of 80004005

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 5:51 AM
  • I am having:

Acer Aspire 4752ZG* laptop, Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit, all patches applied, IE 9 (both 32 and 64 bit).

My trouble is the Javascript that goes in the SysWOW64 folder. In the System32 folder I have managed to get both jscript.dll as well as vbscript.dll registered, but under the SysWOW64 folder, i get the 0x80004005 error code. The vbscript.dll went OK though :)

This happens when I from the SysWOW64 folder try regsvr32 jscript.dll command, I have tried to do the excellent work of qella3, I got many messages telling me that it failed, although ~80% went OK.

• Edited by Jan Guldvog Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:22 AM Wrong product number.
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:27 AM
  • if it received this massage "regsvr32 jscript.dll is not recognized as an internal or external comand,  operable program or batch file"  so what can i do
    Friday, January 04, 2013 3:51 PM
  • Open a command window as administrator (acc./cmd prompt/right click/run as adm.), then type that command there :)
    Monday, January 07, 2013 12:20 PM
  • I just want to confirm - it works! Thank you very much! Clever solution :-)
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:30 AM

2) Go to

Thank you very much. This was indeed the fix I was looking for. Thix fixed an issue running any .vbs file too, error: Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script. Once I ran the above, I was able to reregister the vbscript.dll file with no issues.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:30 PM
  • Thanks, fixed my problem on corel draw install.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:56 PM
  • does this work for Win 7/64?
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Quella 3, am trying to run this (looks serious editing of the registry)

Also it looks like granting full rights to the administrator, could this not be done in another way?

Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:52 AM
  • II also have the problem that wmp11 does not start

I entered the command prompt as an administrator or registered regsvr32 jscript.dll and regsvr32 vbscript.dll. everything is' ok wmp11 works. But when I restart the computer wmp11 will not start again. It seems that the two commands above do not remain stored. I point that the file regsvr32 jscript.dll and regsvr32 vbscript.dll.are inside the folder c / programs / media player does not start even when

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:14 PM
  • hi qella after when you go to c \ program files\ windows resource kits\tools what do you do next and what do you paste im stuck pls help
    Friday, August 16, 2013 5:35 AM
  •                

Simple Solution for dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code   0x80004005 

Try these steps to get the dll file register succeeded  with DllRegisterServer.

1. Boot the system in safe mode.

(START – Run – MSCONFIG –System Configuration –Boot Tab check Safe boot and  select Network under Boot options.  Apply  OK. Then restart the system)

2. Log in as Administrator.

(Select “Switch User” option and enter your admin user name & password or           Right click on "computer" select "manage" look for the Local Users and Groups section, on the users screen right click on the administrator account and select properties, uncheck the "account disabled" option.)

3. Register the dll files.

(Right click at the dll file- select Open with – choose default program-Browse for file “C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe” click OK.  Also Check - Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.)

This worked successfully  in Windows 7 Professional SP1 and Windows Vista Business SP1, even after turning off UAC ((Turn off UAC in Win 7   Start –Run – MSCONFIG –Tools Tab – select Change UAC settings- click Launch- drag the selection bar to bottom –set to never notify – click OK – OK .               Turn off UAC in Vista      Start –Run – MSCONFIG –Tools Tab – select Disable UAC - click Launch- click OK.) and run Command Prompt with administrator rights(Run Command Prompt with administrator rights Start – Programs – Accessories-  right click on Command Prompt – select Run as Administrator.)  also failed to register the custom dll files such as

, “C:\Program Files\Meghdoot Millennium - Point Of Sale\cash.dll”

“C:\Program Files\Meghdoot Millennium - Point Of Sale\EBillHOLib.dll”

“C:\Program Files\Meghdoot Millennium - Point Of Sale\wnx.dll”

“C:\Program Files\Postman\ EMODelivery.dll”

“C:\Program Files\Postman\EVPDelivery.dll”.

Roy .K.J.  sa2kptho

• Edited by Roy K J Saturday, October 05, 2013 1:28 AM details added
    Saturday, September 07, 2013 8:05 AM
  • thanks I worked for me. :)
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:33 AM