none
SSRS: we have rectangle as object in tool box, Can we have image as tool in tool box (Please read)

Question

• Hi Friends,

Please help me in below,

we have 'rectangle' in a tool box, we have 'text box' in tool box.

likewise, Can i have Image in tool box(custom image), which works as text box. Means, I should be able to write 'custom text' on that image. and also can setup auto grow if text is big.

Sorry for the poor explaination..

Please do the needful, Please ask for anything.

Thanks in advance,
    Parixit

Friday, April 11, 2014 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Parixit,

If I understand correctly, you want to use image as a container, then we can write something on the image. In this scenario, we can drag a rectangle in the design surface, add the image as the BackgroundImage of the rectangle. Then insert a textbox with some custom text to the rectangle. After this, we had simulated the image container to achieve your requirement.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Parixit Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:28 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Parixit ,

What am able to figure out by your requirement stated above you wish to insert image and write some text over it .

If your using a report builder simply insert an image stretch it according to your requirement then once done from the tool box -- > Text Box Write some text in it drag it over the image or you can drag it over the image then type .

Thanks

Rishab

Friday, April 11, 2014 7:51 PM
  • Hi Parixit,

If I understand correctly, you want to use image as a container, then we can write something on the image. In this scenario, we can drag a rectangle in the design surface, add the image as the BackgroundImage of the rectangle. Then insert a textbox with some custom text to the rectangle. After this, we had simulated the image container to achieve your requirement.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Parixit Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:28 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 11:37 AM
  • Hi Katherine Xiong,

Your idea is working .

Thanks a lot
    Parixitsinh

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:29 PM