Team build fail when third party control is registered with namespace on .aspx page

Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to build my project using TFS build service. Project is locally building successfully.

.aspx pages have used Telerik controls. Getting the following error, no bin folder is saved to TFS server.

MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadDock.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

I have installed telerik controls on build computer.

Thanks for any help.

Padmaja

Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the file references (.dll references) work with team build? If not, how to handle them?

Thanks

Padmaja

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

When I run the build today morning, there are no errors related to the third party dll's. Thank god.

Monday, September 10, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for series of updates from my side

When building i got errors like the below,

Could not write lines to file "obj\DataAccess.csproj.FileList.txt". Access to the path 'E:\TFSBuilds\SDSIWebSiteV2\SDSIWebSite\Sources\Development\SDFramework\Common\DataAccess\obj\DataAccess.csproj.FileList.txt' is denied

So to solve the above, i have deleted all the 'Obj' folders from source control and checked in the code.

When i try to build using team build,

The errors related to third party dll's are back as below

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadDock.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadSplitter.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadCalendar.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadSpell.NET2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadMenu.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadRotator.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadUpload.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadInput.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadComboBox.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "FileUpEeModule, Version=5.0.33.618, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f593502af6ee46ae". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadWindow.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadEditor.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "FileUpEe, Version=5.0.33.618, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f593502af6ee46ae". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Desktop\Calendar\Calendar.ascx.designer.cs(28,43): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadCalendar' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(56,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadSplitter' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(65,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadPane' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(83,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadPane' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(119,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadWindowManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(38,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadProgressManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(47,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadProgressArea' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(56,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadUpload' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(164,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadWindowManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Can anyone suggest me the solution?  The code causing the above error is like

<%@ Register TagPrefix="radCln" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadCalendar.Net2" %>

Thanks

Padmaja

Monday, September 10, 2007 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the file references (.dll references) work with team build? If not, how to handle them?

Thanks

Padmaja

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

When I run the build today morning, there are no errors related to the third party dll's. Thank god.

Monday, September 10, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for series of updates from my side

When building i got errors like the below,

Could not write lines to file "obj\DataAccess.csproj.FileList.txt". Access to the path 'E:\TFSBuilds\SDSIWebSiteV2\SDSIWebSite\Sources\Development\SDFramework\Common\DataAccess\obj\DataAccess.csproj.FileList.txt' is denied

So to solve the above, i have deleted all the 'Obj' folders from source control and checked in the code.

When i try to build using team build,

The errors related to third party dll's are back as below

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadDock.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadSplitter.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadCalendar.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadSpell.NET2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadMenu.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadRotator.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadUpload.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadInput.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadComboBox.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "FileUpEeModule, Version=5.0.33.618, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f593502af6ee46ae". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadWindow.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadEditor.Net2". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "FileUpEe, Version=5.0.33.618, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f593502af6ee46ae". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Desktop\Calendar\Calendar.ascx.designer.cs(28,43): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadCalendar' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(56,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadSplitter' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(65,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadPane' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(83,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadPane' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\Default.aspx.designer.cs(119,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadWindowManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(38,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadProgressManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(47,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadProgressArea' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(56,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadUpload' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Desktop\UserManagement\ImportUsers.aspx.designer.cs(164,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RadWindowManager' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Can anyone suggest me the solution?  The code causing the above error is like

<%@ Register TagPrefix="radCln" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadCalendar.Net2" %>

Thanks

Padmaja

Monday, September 10, 2007 5:17 PM
  • Hi,

The above problem is solved by including the

<AdditionalReferencePath Include="C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControlsQ1 2007\NET2\bin" />

in TFSBuild.proj file of team project.

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:08 PM
  • Where kan i edit this in Visual Studio?

Friday, March 07, 2008 10:41 AM
  • AdditionalReferencePath can be found in TFSBuild.proj file.

<ItemGroup>
        <!--  ADDITIONAL REFERENCE PATH
         The list of additional reference paths to use while resolving references. For example:
             <AdditionalReferencePath Include="C:\MyFolder\" />
             <AdditionalReferencePath Include="C:\MyFolder2\" />
        -->
        <AdditionalReferencePath Include="Path to the Dependencies folder" />
      </ItemGroup>
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:48 PM
  •  

Hello DesiGuy,

Thanks for your reply.

i have change te line in TFSBuild.proj to then following:

<AdditionalReferencePath Include="D:\TFS\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\" />

But i still get a error. If i look in the buildlog i find te following error:

Primary reference "skmValidators".
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "skmValidators". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
              For SearchPath "{HintPathFromItem}".
              Considered "..\..\..\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\skmValidators.dll", but it didn't exist.

Do you know wat it's???

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:36 PM
  • <AdditionalReferencePath Include="D:\TFS\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\" />

Assuming the path 

"C:\TFS\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\"  or  "D:\TFS\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\"

exists on your local workspace.

Make sure the path "D:\TFS\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\" exist on the build server.

Friday, April 04, 2008 4:14 PM
  • The both path exist, but if i read the BuildLog is see that he creats everything in:

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp\Release\Binaries\Release\

And he is searching in HintPath = '..\..\..\ThirdParty\SkmValidators\skmValidators.dll' is stead of my c:\ or d:\

Hope jou can help me some more.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:33 PM
  •  

Hello DesiGuy,

I have find the solution, wen i edit the TFSBuild.proj file, i did't check it out first, i just edit it. now i check it out, edit it and check it in. then its work.

Thank you for your help.

greetz,

Walter

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:29 AM