problem with normaliz.dll

Question

• the application has failed to start because normaliz.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem     this is the message i get when i restart my computer and when i try to run programs i have no desktop and no system tray just blank screen i was able to pull up fire fox with the task manager  and was able to get here i have tryed redownloading iexplorer 7 again but i get the same message over again i need some help dont have a clue what to do anything helps thanks
    Friday, March 16, 2007 8:44 PM

Answers

• MUST READ THE INFO HERE ENTIRELY:

I Read some of the info from the Microsoft Certified partner provided by me to this link which is free attached. However, you must have another computer to get this file or re-install IE7. I chose to copy this file into the directory after downloading.

To completely fix the computer without Normaliz.dll file: First, start your computer without the file, if it keeps saying the same error message, just keep clicking the error message till the window comes up that you want. Then, when you have a screen without any menus or links, "click control alternate delete" to bring up a "task window". Click on Applications Window, In the right hand corner click on New Task, Click Browse to find where you Unzipped the Files to any USB device that you downloaded, then copy the file to the windows\system32 directory.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?normaliz

If its broke, fix it!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:45 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem and was wondering if you where able to fix the problem.  Please let me know as soon as you can.  I am frustrated.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

This is not the appropriate forum to ask your question (this forum is for developer documentation and the Visual Studio help system).

If you search for normaliz.dll on google there are many results and it seems that some of the first few even deal with problems that may be similar to yours.

- Dave

Friday, June 15, 2007 4:38 PM
  • hi i had the same problem go to windows task manager by pressing cltr then alt and then delete      press new task and coy and paste this    %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe       and press k  then restore ur comp and then it will totally fine
    • Proposed as answer by jagan7 Friday, February 18, 2011 11:59 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:43 AM
  • MUST READ THE INFO HERE ENTIRELY:

I Read some of the info from the Microsoft Certified partner provided by me to this link which is free attached. However, you must have another computer to get this file or re-install IE7. I chose to copy this file into the directory after downloading.

To completely fix the computer without Normaliz.dll file: First, start your computer without the file, if it keeps saying the same error message, just keep clicking the error message till the window comes up that you want. Then, when you have a screen without any menus or links, "click control alternate delete" to bring up a "task window". Click on Applications Window, In the right hand corner click on New Task, Click Browse to find where you Unzipped the Files to any USB device that you downloaded, then copy the file to the windows\system32 directory.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?normaliz

If its broke, fix it!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:45 AM
  • Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I have resolved my problem by following your steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Kuladeep.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:19 AM
  • I can only support what "Anonymous 6^34" has advised you to do. This has happend to me on two occasions and has got me out of trouble....

Monday, March 31, 2008 7:57 AM
  • hi Rick,

thank you very much. your suggestion solved my problem

thanks and regads

viju

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:54 PM
  • THANKS A LOT RICK!!!! YOUR SOLUTION WORKED!!
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:32 AM
  • hey rick my computer doesnt event have a start menu its just the background i really need help> thanks
    Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:56 PM
  • Even 3 years after you gave excellent directions to correct the normaliz.dll anomoly the solution still works. One slight change that worked for me was to capture the file from another PC instead of a download.

Thank you for a common sense fix.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:57 AM
  • press alt+cntrl+del , when task manager comes up , go to file and run and then paste that sys restore link in
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:44 AM
  • THANK YOU!!!   This has saved me a lot of heart aches!!

Danny Jackson

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:29 PM