none
Error Message: Report Viewer Web Control Has Not Been Registered

Question

•  

When I run my report using the report viewer control in the Visual Studio 2005 developer environment, everything works fine.  When I place the app out on the deployed server, I get the following error message...

The Report Viewer Web Control HTTP Handler has not been registered in the application's web.config file.  Add <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type = "Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /> to the system.web/httpHandlers section of the web.config file.

I checked the Web.config and this code is already in there.  What do I need to do to get the report viewer control to work on the deployed server?

Thanks,

Ken

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:04 PM

All replies

• I seem to have corrected the problem. In case anyone else has a similar situation, what I did was added "Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms" as part of the build.  To do this...

In Visual Studio 2005...

Highlight the project, right click and select properties

On the left hand nav, highlight references.

Click "Add Reference"

Scroll down and highlight "MicrosoftReportViewer.WebForms".

Click "ok"

Click "Update"

Click "Apply"

Click "Ok"

Rebuild and redeploy the project.

If anyone has a better way to resolve something like this, I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

• Proposed as answer by arkiboys Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:18 AM
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:32 PM
  • Do you have the ReportViewer redist installed on the deployment server? If not try installing it and see if that resolves the issue. I'm not sure which version of the control you are using but the link below is for the 2005 version of the redist, if you are using a newer version you will need to install the corresponding version of the redist.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6219

Matt M.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:02 PM
  • Yes, I installed the 2010 nversion and still NO difference and still the same issue.
    Any thoughts please?
    Monday, August 13, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Can you attach your web.config so I can take a look at it? Also what version of IIS are you using and what mode is your web application running in (Classic or Integrated)? Thanks!

Matt M.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Thanks
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:18 AM