module failed to load. Make sure the binary is in correct path.

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to register my x86 targetted ATL com dll on Windows 7 32 bit os. On registering i am getting the following msg " Module Failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the  specified path or debug it to check for the problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

Same dll is registering in one system with .32 bit windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does the registration process work on your development machine and on an other machine it does not work?

How did you link your DLL, is it linked statically? Check with dependency walker if the DLL has dependencies to non system DLLs. That would be my first guess.

If you did not liked statically you may link statically or you must install the VCredist on each machine you would like to use your DLL.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Hi Bordon,, ya registration process is working in my environment which is xp 32 bit and also windows 7 32 bit. But it is nt registering in one system with windows 7 32 bit.

are you asking me to set static link to ATL in USE of ATL property?? now it is set to dynamic link to ATL. Then i dono what is dependency walker.Kindly help me pls

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Yes you should link statically, than your DLL does not have any dependencies to the vcredist DLLs.

You chan check your DLL dependencies using DependencyWalker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Thisi s a very useful tool tha can be used for DLL, OCX, EXE, ...  to find out trhe DLL dependencies. Some time ago this tool was shipped with the Windows SDK (I guess at this time it still was "Plattform SDK"), but now it isn't.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Thanks a lot..one more help ..after running that tool i found the following errors.wt to do with this. kindly help me pls

KEYU.DLL: Error opening file.

MSVCR90.DLL: Error opening file.

IESHIMS.DLL: "

WER.DLL: "

wer i can get this dlls and wer to place it..

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:51 AM
  • I do not know every DLL in private. But MSVCR90.DLL is one DLL of the vcredist setup. Therefore I'd say you do not link with the static libraries.

You have two possibilities,

• Linking with static library
    • Installing the vcredist that correspondents to your VC version on the PC that used this COM DLL.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:51 PM