none
Unable to log in to Azure Portal or account

Question

• I'm currently unable to log in to the Azure portal or my account.  When I attempt to access the log in page at manage.windowsazure.com, I'm being redirected to an organizational log in page at login.microsoftonline.com.  If I input my email address (before I even input the password), it then says it's redirecting me to the microsoft account login page, which loads with an error message already displayed (and no option to even give it my login info) saying I can't be logged in because of error 80048163, which the KB says is only applicable to Office 365 and has nothing to do with Azure.

And while the Service Dashboard does report a few issues with SQL databases, it says the Management Portal is working normally.  In the meantime, I can't even submit a support request because I can't log in.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:43 AM

Answers

• Hello again,

We've implemented and validated a fix for this type of login failure.  Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Jim Molini MSFT

• Marked as answer by darrenc1 Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:42 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:41 AM

All replies

• Same here. I've had my account for several months. Can't sign in at all.

Vinny Davi

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:46 AM
  • You are not alone. I have the same issue.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:46 AM
  • Same problem here

[url=http://www.nightingames.com]Gooo[/url] | [url=http://nine.codeplex.com]Engine Nine[/url]

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:48 AM
  • omg... Same thing happening to me.. What is going on here...Really Messed up my plans
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:49 AM
  • Same here.  How are you supposed to get support for this???
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Same problem...

Worked fine yesterday. 

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Same issue here
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Same here what is going on MS ? I ready on stack overflow that possible solution is to link office 365 organisational account as  co admin on live account subscriptions but need to log a support call for this to happen. I cant log a support call because I cant login with my live account. I might need to create a free account using my organisational id in order to set into the support system. 

How many other people are affected by this ??? It definitely wasn't happening 12 hours ago. 

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Same here.
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Same here.  Can someone at Microsoft chime in or is everyone off enjoying their Friday night after deploying a faulty authentication provider?
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:12 AM
  • Same issue here! Worked fine at least until yesterday!

Jairo de Moraes

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:22 AM
  • I am having the exact same problem. I need to work. Now. I am on an Azure trial, should I be considering another cloud solution? This is ridiculous.
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:23 AM
  • Looks like a widespread issue.  Same problem here.  Hope it's fixed soon...
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:26 AM
  • We have a known issue right now with logging into the management portal that is affecting some of our customers. Our support teams are engaged and are actively looking into the issue.
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Yeah, same here. I assume it is a temporary glitch, but it does make me doubt Azure or any other platform where there is no option to contact support unless you are million dollar customer... :-S
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:29 AM
  • same issue.

Tried changing the password but same result

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Been down For 2 hours.   I have 3 accounts and none of them working.   No support from MS....    Let me know if you get in.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:34 AM
  • I was starting to get rather concenered..  very hard to find support forums for Azure as well.  

I was logged in about 18 hours ago no problem, and now can't get it.  luckily the rdp file I had saved is still working so I can get to my virtual machine I need right now..

Nathan

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:37 AM
  • The Windows Azure Service Dashboard just updated mentioning the Management Portal Partial Service Interruption.  The message has a time stamp of 1:15 AM UTC, which was two and a half hours ago.  My experience with the dashboard is always the same:

1) A problem with Azure occurs, my alerts go nuts and so I decide to check the Service Dashboard.

2) Service Dashboard says there are no problems.

3) Panic sets in.

4) HOURS LATER it says there is a problem.

If you're going to have a Service Dashboard and push people so hard to look at it first, make sure the thing updates at a reasonable pace.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:48 AM
  • Just posted this to their twitter account. Hopefully some action soon...

Vinny Davi

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:58 AM
  • Plus there is no way to get to support. Support only leads here.

So I guess it's comforting that I'm not the only one, but I've tried several accounts and none can get in.

My sites went down and I can't log into the portal to restart them. They initially went down due to DB not being accessible and I noticed that 3 hours ago. But since then I have been able to access the Databases.

So what's the deal, no one from Microsoft is acknowledging anything...

Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:00 AM
  • We are having the same problem. Error 80048163.

I remember having a similar login error a couple months ago.

This is really disgraceful. I don't remember something like this ever happening with AWS.

Mike

Mike Volodarsky

Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

Some users are experiencing login failures for Windows Azure. We have identified the problem and are working a fix.  I will post as soon as the issue is resolved.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Jim Molini MSFT

Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:09 AM
  • I am able to log in now. Thanks
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:35 AM
  • It is working, I'm able to login now too :)
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:38 AM
  • Hello again,

We've implemented and validated a fix for this type of login failure.  Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Jim Molini MSFT

• Marked as answer by darrenc1 Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:42 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:41 AM
  • Thanks!

It is working for me too now.

So, has Microsoft known this was an issue for the last 2 hours, or was the Forum the only mechanism for them to get notified of this issue?

Seems interesting that it was fixed within 30 minutes of the acknowledgement.

Either way, back on, which is good.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:43 AM
  • Thanks.  Working again!
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:51 AM
  • I logged a high priority support ticket using an organisational account, they seemed to be aware of the issue and its taken them around 1.5 hours to resolve since I logged the issue. Not sure when they first became aware of it however. 

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation .... you can't log support call because you cant login, and you cant login because of the issue requiring support. 

At any rate it is resolved now thankfully. 

• Edited by wikkard Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:54 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:54 AM