c# sms using web services

General discussion

• Hi All,

I want to develop for sending SMS using Asp.net with C#.net.

please help Me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abdhesh

Friday, April 08, 2011 10:32 AM

All replies

• HI

what exactly ur requirement ,, 

I think you  r  in wrong place .

Friday, April 08, 2011 1:31 PM
  • There is no SMS support in .Net. You need to talk to the people who support them, the telecom carriers, to see what kind of API they offer. The carriers would likely offer different APIs and may or may not choose web service as the communication protocol of the API.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, April 08, 2011 9:24 PM
  • There are many way you can send SMS from C#.

If it is for commercial use you just google and seelct a sms provider bassed on cost and uses. Provider will give you API or a web service with sample code on how to use to send SMS.

If it is just for a POC or fun best approach is to use some free web service or caling a web page with query string.

If you know how to consume .net .asmx web service you can use below web service

http://www.aswinanand.com/sendsms.php?wsdl

Step 1: Add Web Reference : 
    http://www.aswinanand.com/sendsms.php?wsdl

Step 2: Create a Object "SendWay2Sms smsobj = new SendWay2Sms();"
    Step 3:
            string strResult = smsobj.sendSmsSpiritsSoft("UserName", "Password", "Number", "message");

strResult  : Recieving the Result from Webservice 

NB: You need to create a user name and password in www.way2sms.com and pass on Step2.

Lingaraj Mishra
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Ok 

I will try and confirm to you.

Regards

Abdhesh

Abdhesh Kr. Mishra Software Developer(.Net(C#, ASP.Net, SQL, Java Script)) Information Technology
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:43 PM
  • How can anyone possibly help you when you refuse to say what's wrong? "not working this" is not a description of a problem.

John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Hi all, 

My problem is all code run proper but not receive any message after complete all process.

Abdhesh Kr. Mishra Software Developer(.Net(C#, ASP.Net, SQL, Java Script)) Information Technology
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Contact the MMS API provider to check the status of your message.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:13 AM
  • You should also use a tool like Fiddler to watch the network traffic between you and the MMS provider. This may tell you what the problem is.
    John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Hello,

1)first you need to gave a path to receive the message  Like http://198.25.36.2/Services/Admin/cinema.ashx?sms=here comes the sms 

&Mobile=9744667684 like that the provider  will send u the message in this format.....

2)second for sending the sms Provider will gave you  one path like

http://XXXXXXXX.com/hhhhhhh.aspx?USERID=XXXXX&PASSWORD=XXXXXX&SENDERID=XXXXXX&TO={0}&MESSAGE={1}";

in that {0}=Whom You want to send ,And {1}=the sms you need to send

Good Judgment Comes From Experience, And Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:17 AM
  • I got a website where you can read and send hindi sms ...(hindi and english font)
    www.hindismsinhindi.com
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 9:30 AM