I have a report with three subreports. The report prints productivity data for physicians. I can print one report based on the parameter, NPI, successfully. The NPI is a unique identifier for the providers. I would like to be able to print several
physician reports based on the specialty of the provider. In other words add a parameter for specialty but, use the NPI parameter for the subreports. Any thoughts?
Based on your description, you want to pass the parameter NPI value to the subreports, right? When you choose a specific value of the parameter, it also can filter the corresponding data in the subreport.
In this situation, we can add parameter in the subreport to resolve the issue. Please refer to the steps below:
1. Add a dataset (DataSet2) in the subreport with field NPI.
2. Add parameter NPISub in the subreport set the available values from DataSet2 field NPI.
3. Add filter in the main dataset in the subreport.
1. Right click the subreport in the main report, select “Subreport Properties”.
2. Click Parameter in the left pane.
3. Click Add icon and fill with values below:
Name: NPISub (Note: Subreport Parameter’s name.)