vs2010 - Solution explorer "type" icons - meaning

Question

• Where can I find documentation on what the icons mean in vs2010. This was an older project (2005) and I opened it into 2010 and I'm trying to add a file (GetwibuKey.exe) I need to deliver and it's not working. The "serialNo.exe" was already in the project. I noticed the difference in the icons to the left of the file name and wondered what the difference is.

There must be a difference because when I look at the properties of both even though they both are titled "File Installation Properties" many of the parameters are different.

TIA

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:59 PM

Answers

• Ok, well in the end all I want is for the files to get delivered and they do, so maybe this is just an issue with an "old" project being brought into the vs2010. For now I'm happy they get delivered.
    • Marked as answer by GSP_T Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi GSP_T,

I am moving your case to the CliceOnce & Setup forum so that you can get better support there.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:02 AM
  • It seems that the "serialNo.exe" file icon here is a common file icon.

But I cannot repro the same issue as you got, so can you provide your this Visual Studio solution?

Mike Zhang[MSFT]

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Ok, well in the end all I want is for the files to get delivered and they do, so maybe this is just an issue with an "old" project being brought into the vs2010. For now I'm happy they get delivered.
    • Marked as answer by GSP_T Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

Have a good day!

Mike Zhang[MSFT]

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:06 PM