none
Header Data the the same on all reports when exporting to excel, but not when viewing it

Question

• HI there guys,

I have a weird problem. 

I am designing an invoice layout

I have a field in a group header in a table, that refers to a value in the detail part of my table. What is happening is that when I run this report interactively, the value in the group header changes for each group as you would expect.  When run this to excel or PDF, the value in group header is the same on every report, but the detail does change. It is like it has stuck and remembers the value and doesn't change it for each group.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before? 

Happy to provide anything I can to help deciphier this issue

Look forward to any answers we get.

Thanks

Scott Lancaster - IT Manager

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Sl0140,

From your description, the data display on group is different when export the report to Microsoft Excel or PDF, right? I have tested it on my local environment (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2 on Windows 7), we cannot reproduce this issue. In order to trouble shoot this issue more efficiently, please elaborate your report structure, if possible please provide us some screenshots about it, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 07, 2013 5:41 AM