none
Allow acces to change web page

Question

• I need to design a web page that allows some one to make changes on the page from the web its self not using ftp etc

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:31 PM

All replies

• You need a content management system.  There are many options out there, or (for limited areas and for a limited number of pages) you could code your own if you have the background to do it.

You might google and see if ContentSeed is still out there.  It's one option.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Thank you do you know of ant free version as it is only a one off thing to do
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:32 PM
  • No I don't.  I would have to search for one, and that can be done by you, instead.  :)

(Me, I code my own for the case you describe, using asp.net, a database, pages that pull sections of their content HTML from the database, and an administrative page with an HTML editor to change that content.  ....But I know how to do that.  It's not something EW does for you.)

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:43 PM
  • WordPress and Blogger are free, and they can be edited from within a browser. It's more difficult to design in EW for them than to make a standard site, but if it's a simple site, you might just work with one of their themes.

Things Liberal Arts graduates never like to hear:
    “…which means you are going first in Double Jeopardy.”

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:36 AM