none
A way to add the Bing translator to my toolbar and it would translate any page I am on without much of a problems?

Question

• I was wondering if there is a toolbar button for the Bing translator so I don't have to copy and paste my emails to get them translated?  I am sorry I am new to this but this is working very nicely. 
    Friday, October 08, 2010 4:39 AM

Answers

• If the person receiving your mail is using Outlook, they can use the method Lori outlined.

Within the browser, you can get translations using the Bing Toolbar. Install it, and on the right hand side you'll see three dots '...'

Select this, then select 'Apps', and look for Translator on the left list. Select translator and then the 'Add' button.

On your Bing toolbar you'll now see the Translator icon. (It looks like the letter 'a', a Japanese character and a couple of arrows)

You can now press this button to translate the contents of the page, or the folks who are reading your emails in their browser can do likewise.

Friday, September 14, 2012 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using Microsoft Office 2010, then the translation features are integrated. You can find it under the Research tab.

If you are checking an email account like Hotmail and using IE 8+, then you can use the IE Accelerator:

1. Highlight text you would like translated

2. The accelerator icon appears. Click the icon.

3. Hover over Translate with Bing. A box will appear to the side with the in place translation.

Hope this helps,

--Lora

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:40 PM
  • Lori,

I have noticed in Facebook, that the "See Translation" is in the message being sent.  How do I enter this in the messages I send?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Hi Bosova,

Facebook shows the "See Translation" link on the recipient side, if it detects a mismatch between the language of the message and the reader's language. You do not need to specify the translation when you post a message on Facebook.

Let us know if this answers your question,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, September 14, 2012 3:43 PM
  • If the person receiving your mail is using Outlook, they can use the method Lori outlined.

Within the browser, you can get translations using the Bing Toolbar. Install it, and on the right hand side you'll see three dots '...'

Select this, then select 'Apps', and look for Translator on the left list. Select translator and then the 'Add' button.

On your Bing toolbar you'll now see the Translator icon. (It looks like the letter 'a', a Japanese character and a couple of arrows)

You can now press this button to translate the contents of the page, or the folks who are reading your emails in their browser can do likewise.

Friday, September 14, 2012 3:44 PM