Gigabyte S775 GA-G33M-S2H Motherboard
    DDR2 1GB Generic 667MHz RAM
    DDR2 1GB Generic 667MHz RAM
    Internal All-in-1 Memory Card Reader Black
    320GB Western Digital KS 7200rpm 16M SATA HDD
    ASUS 8500GT 256M PCIe Video Card
    2 x 22inch (55cm) BenQ FP222W WideScreen LCD Monitors

MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit OEM

This system worked very well apart from Random Crashes when either leaving it running unattended or using multiple or fullscreen online video/s

The local manufacturer, who is quite a substantial operator, has a very accessable assembly and after sales repair dept.

I had this system back to them at least six times and they were pulling out hair every time they saw me, although they were very good and tried their best, changing out the harddrive, graphics card and even the motherboard to no better end result.

I found this site and Lloyd Kuhnle's thread on random crashes, I then fixed the intermittant closing down while unattended by changing the power setting to high as discussed in this thread.

The main problem with the graphics and video causing crashing was caused by the latest RealTec Network drivers not being available as a revision until posted on their site on 21.1.08.

After crashing each time, Vista Error Report kept advising the RealTec Adapter Driver (RTLH86.SYS) was the cause of the problem but accessing the Realtec site gave an out of date set of drivers for this Network Adapter.

It was only after keeping on hunting around for a remedy that I returned to the ReakTec Site and found they had updated their 8101/8168/8169 PCI/PCE Adapter drivers and fixed my problem.

I am not saying that all my Vista problems are over, but, for anyone experiencing the Vista Network problems, check out the RealTec Site as there are several Vista updates and a downloadable diagnostic program.

I hope this helps someone with a Network problem as this site has helped me with the answer to the Vista power setting problem.

Regards, Otrebor.

Saturday, February 02, 2008 1:12 AM

All replies

• where do i get this driver my system keeps crashing. I went on realteck website but i cant find it.

could you email me the link my email is francisco989178@gmail.com

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:19 AM
  • Hi Francisco, sorry for the delay, I'm away overseas at present but the link is:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=6&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

go to line 4 and download Vista64/ Vista drivers.

There are instructions there regarding deleting the old drivers before installing the new ones.

Regards, Rob.

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Thanks Otrebor,

I've same problem, I updated NIC card's driver.

I hope this will solve the problem.
    Friday, May 09, 2008 6:25 PM
  • My problem is the same as yours, but with no happy outcome.  My system…

Intel Core 2 Extreme Yorkfield 3.0 GHz Quad-Core processor (not overclocked)

Gigabyte GA-EA38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel motherboard

DDR2 4 GB (2x2GB) 1066 (PC2 8500) SDRAM

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3 GB/s Harddrive RAID 1

Samsung SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3 GB/s Harddrive RAID 2

EVGA 768-P2-N831-AG GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit PCI Expressx16 HDCP
    Ready SLI Supported Video Card mated to a Gateway FHD2400 24” 3ms DVI LCD Monitor

HT Omega Striker 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound card

Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92nn CPU Cooler (the system does not overheat)

The main problem appears to be the graphics and video causing a “blue screen of death” and was caused by the RealTec Network drivers.  After crashing each time, Vista Error Report (see below) declares that the RealTec Adapter Driver (RTLH86.SYS) the cause of the problem.  Accessing the Realtec site, I could not get the file to even show up on a search result.  So far the update that is available (Vista_6107_0220.zip) has not fixed the problem.  The problem reliably shows up (for example) while playing a big video file like an HD trailer.  It starts ok but half way through, you get the blue screen memory dump and finally the error message below.

Problem caused by Realtek 8101/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapter Driver (RTLH86.SYS), which was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp.. Currently, there is no solution for the problem that you reported.  For support information and product updates, Realtek Semiconductor Corp. recommends that you go online to the following website:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

It appears that this problem has been around for at least 6 months and perhaps longer.  Anyone with sage advice, I would be “much obliged”.

- doc
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:37 PM
  • This is post #2 on the driver problem.

Realtec gave me this new driver to try and it seems to be working as of 5/12/08.  Try using this 6.206 version and execute setup.exe from website to try again.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=2&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Auto installation program (support Vista 64 and Vista) (Submission ID: 1290241)

2008/5/9

GO

GO

GO

Good luck!
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:55 AM