Sunday, June 20, 2010 1:57 PM
I am excited to announce the availability of the following FAQ paper which lists some of the questions frequently asked by the ADO.NET Managed Providers forum members. Although it’s far from complete, but this is the first attempt our forum support team has been trying to make to help development community members find the answers to their questions much easier and fast, and it’s always the top priority for our team to make the MSDN forum a good place for developers to ask questions, talk about technologies etc. With time goes on, this thread will be enhanced with more FAQs and content, so we really welcome and appreciate any feedback or suggestion on how to improve it. You can send your feedbacks to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
1. How to retrieve identity or auto number values in ADO.NET?
2. Solution fails on 64 bit system with error “Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider is not registered on the local machine” and “Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine”.
3. Why not be able to pass 0 as value to a SQL parameter in ADO.NET?
4. How to insert and retrieve images from Server Sever using ADO.NET?
5. How to connect to Microsoft Access file which is at a server location?
6. How to detect if a database server exists or not?
7. How to create a new table for a SQL Server database using C#?
8. What are differences between OracleClient and ODP.NET?
9. How to import data from Excel file to SQL Server database?
10. How to run a .sql script file via C#?