Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:12 PM
good evening for all......
I have two computer (windows 7) with hub ,and i have program with database(sqlserver).one of the computer i installed on sql server2008 enterprice ,and another computer i installed program (designed c#) , i set ip (100.100.10.1)for first ,(100.100.10.2)for second computer ,and opened port (1433) throw firewall ,and enable TCP\IP for sql server ,the connection string (Data Source=100.100.10.1,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=Test;User ID=sa;Password=12345;).
but when run program ,showed error (network related ....................)
how solve this problem .....
very very sory if this not Appropriate depart...
with MY REGARDS
- Moved by Bob BeaucheminMVP Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:25 PM Moved to a more relevent forum for best response (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:58 PM
Couple of things that might help. Do you have port 1433 open in the firewall? Also, you shouldn't need "Network Library" specification in the connection string.
Otherwise, you'd have to post the exact error message.
I'll be moving the message to the MSDN "managed provider" forum (that's the one for client connectivity using ADO.NET) in about 5 minutes or so.
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:22 PM
- Check SQL server is runing on windows authentication mode or mixed mode? (it should be on mixed as you are using sa user)
- Check SQL Browser service is runing
- Check SQL services are runing
- Check remote conenctions are enabled
- Network conenctivity between database & applicaiton servers by TRACERT command
- Check TCP/IP protocal enabled at SQL server
- Check telent connectivity - telnet <IPadress> <portno on sql server runing>
- Check UDP port 1434 is open or not on SQL Server
Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful if a post solves your problem or is helpful!
Thursday, September 06, 2012 1:34 PMModeratorWhat is exact error that you get?
Val Mazur Microsoft MVP
Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:00 AM
Im Found Solutions
There are error occurred when I turned off Fire Wall and give it Port in connection string
this connection string after modified:
Data Source=126.96.36.199\MIRROR; Network Library=DBMSSOCN ;Initial Catalog=testpermission;User ID=Ahmed;Password=1234"
- Marked As Answer by Bob Wu-MTMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:35 AM