DataGridView1.CurrentCell.Value

Question

•  

Quick question - I use the code "DataGridView1.CurrentCell.Value" to do query searches. My issue is that I need to select the actual cell information. If I select just the cell not the information in the cell nothing happens.

Is there a way so that I can select the cell and the contents are taken out of if?

Thanks

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:00 PM

Answers

• You can use the CellContentClick event

//C#

private void dataGridView1_CellContentClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

{

string value = dataGridView1.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[e.ColumnIndex].Value.ToString();

}

//VB

Private Sub dataGridView1_CellContentClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridViewCellEventArgs)

Dim value As String = dataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(e.ColumnIndex).Value.ToString()

End Sub

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Maybe instead of posting little bits and pieces of your code you can post your code or an example of what your doing and how .

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:32 PM
  • You can use the CellContentClick event

//C#

private void dataGridView1_CellContentClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

{

string value = dataGridView1.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[e.ColumnIndex].Value.ToString();

}

//VB

Private Sub dataGridView1_CellContentClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridViewCellEventArgs)

Dim value As String = dataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(e.ColumnIndex).Value.ToString()

End Sub

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:33 PM
  • Um this is the VBE forum is it not ? That looks like C# .

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:45 PM
  • Actually he did both C# and VB.

thanks for the code I will try it out now!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:14 PM