Duplicate records in detail section of crystal report

Question

• Hello everyone...

I am having some trouble with crystal reports. I have information in the details section of my reports which gets duplicated and is not suppose to.
    For example I have a field with numbers and I want those numbers to be listed in my report. It shows each number more than once. I am getting these records through a stored procedure and I noticed that when I excute the stored procedure in VB I only get each record once so I figured it must be a problem with Crystal Report. I hope my post is clear.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks..
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:19 PM

All replies

• Not sure how your displaying the sp results in vb, but you should execute the sp in a query editor just to make sure.

Are you joining more tables in the crystal report?  It has to be something like that, because crystal doesn't duplicate records for no reason.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:02 PM
  • The display in VB works just fine. If i right click on the stored procedure and click execute it shows the correct values once in the correct order for ex.
    In my crystal it shows the correct values in the correct order but it shows it a few times, for ex.
    I am getting these numbers based on a number in another column. For example employee ID. So i am getting each transcation number based on the employee ID. I realized that if that employee ID is in the table for example 5 times the results are duplicated 5 times. etc.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:15 PM
  • I am having some trouble with crystal reports. When I am printing the details section. Then One field overwrite another field. Because their use cangrow property in field.

Please solve my problem as soon as possible. and kindly send a email on my email address.

My email address is connecttosuvo@live.in

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:05 AM
  • simone1, so you have a sub report possibly and you're not linking the tables correctly ... you need to link based on the employeeid so you don't get the duplicates
    • Proposed as answer by neonprimetime Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:15 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:15 PM
  • I experience the same problem. I have two tables which are being generated by two stored procedures from sql server. The two tables have one field that is the same but when i try to link the tables the report is blank (no data present in report). 
    Flex Developer
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:17 AM