none
Populate a text box based upon a drop-down selection from a SharePoint List

Question

•  

Hi all,

I'm creating a workflow based upon a Sharepoint Form Library.  I created an infopath form that saves back to this library along with some promoted properties.  Two of these promoted properties are 'Account' and 'AccountAdmin'.  I have an Account drop-down list where the user selects the account name.  However, what I need to do is retrieve and store the AccountAdmin from that List entry at the same time (and not make the user select it as they should only have to select the account name) in another field.   The reason I have to do this is because in my workflow, I want to send an email to the AccountAdmin and therefore this needs to be a List value. 

I'm using Sharepoint Designer and want to avoid having to write any kind of managed code.  So, basically what I need is a way to populate the AccountAdmin textbox (that will be hidden or read-only) with a List attribute when a drop-down selection is made that is binding to the same List for Account.  Can this be done (without writing code?)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:07 PM

All replies