No history entries were found for the item and version combination specified.

General discussion

• I just installed the TFS Power tools for 2008 and the looked at the check in history fro a team member that I suspected had never checked any thing in. Henceforth whenever I looked at the history for any file I got the error 'No history entries were found for the item and version combination specified.'
    I was able to over come this error by looking at my check in history.
    What is going on? I believe I am seeing the entire history as when I look at the history of file or folder modified by some one else I see their historic check ins but I remain somewhat disconcerted.

Gavin
    • Changed type Bill.Wang Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:24 AM Change to general discussion.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Gavin

Could  you describe it in more detail ?How do you view the history? Do you mean right click an item in Source Control Explorer and select "View History"? Actually, this feature comes from the Team Explorer, not the power tool. What do you mean by "over come this error by looking at my check in history"?

By the way, you can try Team Foundation Sidekicks. It can filter check-in history by user.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 2:44 AM
  • I had the same problem today.

The reason was that I had no permissions on the folder although I was an administrator. I never remembered to check the securities.
    Because the folder was not inheriting permissions Team Foundation Administrators were not authorized on the folder.

When I made the folder inherit pemissions I could view the history.

Here is a blog entry that helped me:
    http://team-foundation-server.blogspot.com/2007/07/no-history-entries-were-found-for-item.html

Build Manager
    Friday, November 06, 2009 12:38 PM