Reboot problems

Question

•  

Hello,

My computer doesn't load windows.

After checking all the disks, it says everything is ok, disks, ram etc. and then appears the message:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I've inserted the boot disket but it doesn't change disk and it doesn't do anything.

What should I do?

Thank you

Monday, August 04, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers

•  

Please check the BIOS setting whether the boot sequence is set to boot from CD ROM, otherwise set it to boot from CD ROM if you are using Bootable CD ROM. Thanks.
    Monday, August 04, 2008 8:53 PM

All replies

•  

Please check the BIOS setting whether the boot sequence is set to boot from CD ROM, otherwise set it to boot from CD ROM if you are using Bootable CD ROM. Thanks.
    Monday, August 04, 2008 8:53 PM
  • In order to view the BIOS setting, you will have to press the <Delete> key when your computer is starting up. Use the keyboard arrow keys/ pageup/ pagedn keys. Go to the section titled BOOT. There you will have the option to change the BOOT DEVICE PRIORITY. You can set the primary boot device appropriately. If you always want to insert a bootable diskette, you can set the boot device to CD ROM; else you can set the boot device to hard disk. Press F10 key to save and exit your settings.

Note: The keystrokes required to save your settings etc. can be different from one BIOS to another. I have named the usual keys and options. You can confirm the exact keys from the BIOS program.

Hope this helps!

Inder P Singh

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:59 AM