none
Profiler works only with admin privileges

Question

• I'm working on a .NET profiler that monitors all .NET processes (environment variables are set globally (system and current user variables)), the profiler works fine when a process is run with admin privileges however, when I run a .NET process with normal privileges, the dll is not loaded. Where could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    • Edited by Hedi Naily Monday, May 12, 2014 3:50 PM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Hedi,

What the .NET profiler are you working with? Is it the EQATEC Profiler or SmartBear AQtime Pro or others?

>>when I run a .NET process with normal privileges, the dll is not loaded.

A profiler DLL is an unmanaged DLL that runs as part of the common language runtime execution engine. As a result, the code in the profiler DLL is not subject to the restrictions of managed code access security. The only limitations on the profiler DLL are those imposed by the operating system on the user who is running the profiled application.

I would like suggest you asking the Profiler authors whether this behavior is by designed.

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:36 AM