none
General SSRS Question

Question

• I am very new to SSRS and have really no experience with SQL server. I am trying to use this software in conjunction with CRM 2011 and have taken a few training classes on it. However my computer is not running SQL server or bids. Is there some way I can access SSRS from our server machine or is it required that I would have to get sql server and bids installed on my local computer?

Thanks for any help.

-Trevor

Friday, November 15, 2013 10:09 PM

Answers

• If you've domain account which is setup in remote sql server as well you should be able to connect to server and run BIDS inside it. I assume they would have mapped you to a valid role within SSRS. In case you dont have BIDS in server then you need to get it installed if you want to open reports in design view
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:01 AM

All replies

• If you've domain account which is setup in remote sql server as well you should be able to connect to server and run BIDS inside it. I assume they would have mapped you to a valid role within SSRS. In case you dont have BIDS in server then you need to get it installed if you want to open reports in design view
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:01 AM
  • Great, thank you for your response. Looks like someone else beat me to marking your response as an answer.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 2:59 PM