none
Can more than 1 View be used to create DSV in SSRS Report Model

Question

• Hi

Please let me know if there is a possibilty to use more than 1 view while creating the DATA SOURCE VIEW in Report Model.

Actually when i added data from 2 views the report data does not get populated if fields from both the views are added. Instead if the fields from a single view is selected the report is showing correct data. Could you please explain this.

Thanks

Ajit

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Ajit,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Alisa Tang

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi Alisa,

I guess it depends on how we define the relationship between the 2 views when explicitly defining the logical primary keys on the views.

Any furthur explaination to this will be of great help.

Thanks

Ajit

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:51 AM
  • Hello Ajit,

To answer your question, you cant use more than 1 view while creating the DATA SOURCE VIEW in Report Model.

The relationship's can be defined only within the objects in the Data Source View.

Having said that, Report models are deprecated with SQL 2012 and this will not be supported in future versions.

Please refer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143509.aspx for more details.

Regards

Durai Murugan

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:00 PM
  • Hi Durai,

I used 2 views in my DSV and defined logical primary keys on both the views.After done that I set up the relationship between the views based on a identical coloumn name and it worked in the report Model.

Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks

Ajit

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Hello Ajit,

I guess there was a misunderstanding between "Views" and "Data Source Views".

And yes, what you had mentioned in latest reply is very much possible.

Regards

Durai Murugan

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:36 PM