Fatal error during installation

Question

• I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Outlook 2002. I am trying to install a program that I use for recording church contributions with the disc that is formatted for W7. After installation, I double-click the desktop shortcut and I get the message Problem with Shortcut - fatal error during installation.

How can I correct this?

Monday, January 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi flutefly,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Some clarification with you:

·         What software are you installing? Is it an Outlook Add-in or Microsoft product?

·         Where do you get the install disc?

·         When do you get the error message fatal error during installation, during installation or after installation success? Because this error message seems to be an installing message.

Below is some suggestions:

·         If you cannot open the program with the shortcut in desktop, you can go to the program installed dictionary and run the *.exe file to start the program.

·         Try to uninstall the program in Control Panel and install it again.

·         Try to install the program in another computer to see whether it works.

·         You can go the place where you get the disc and receive some support there.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:28 AM