Crystal Report Viewer Refresh Button

Question

•  

Hi All,

I am using Crsytal Reports with VS.NET. I am developing windows based application. My report is working good when i open it for the first time. In some of my reports im using parameters fields. I am passing these values based on user requirement. But after opening, when i click refresh button in the tool strip it is prompting for parameters. Actually this should not happen. Could any one please help me in sorting out this issue.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:21 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem.  Also if i change the data in the excel spreadsheet that my report is pulling from and I refresh my webpage the data does not refresh.  I guess my question is how do I refresh data in my crystal report web viewer without having to refresh the actual report itself.  I am using visual studio 2008.  This problem has me pulling my hair out.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:29 PM

• Ran into the same problem today...win forms viewer: refresh button is hit and prompts for parameters.

The ReportRefresh event only fires after a refresh. I can't find any setting to keep the parameters on a refresh. Not sure where to hook in so I can set the parameters before refreshing. I set all the parameters through code so I never want the report to prompt. Even with a custom refresh button, I still can't see how to keep the parameter values. I think the only way to do it is by creating a new ReportDocument and setting the parameters again.

• Proposed as answer by neonprimetime Tuesday, September 02, 2008 2:00 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:12 PM
  • There is a property under the Crystal Reports Viewer "ReuseParametersOnRefresh". Have you tried setting that to true?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:55 PM
  • If there is no reason to refresh the report, you can simply disable the Refresh button on ReportViewer:
    Open property dialog, set "ShowRefreshButton" to False.

The other case, if you want to allow user to refresh the report, you should keep the param collections and set to the report on ReportRefresh event.

Hope this help.

Loc.

Friday, December 18, 2009 8:49 AM
  • Hi, I am not sure if you still need answer for this. But i just found the answer.

Private Sub CRViewer_ReportRefresh(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.ViewerEventArgs) Handles CRViewer.ReportRefresh

e.Handled =

True

Call SetParameter()

End Sub

All you need to do is set the e.handled = true and set the parameter after the procedure. This shall help :D

• Proposed as answer by Param G Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Thanks Dum,

The above code works. Also, if you do not want to refresh the parameters you can just call the Refresh method :)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:17 AM