none
Set culture for dateformat ect on ReportExecutionServiceSoapClient.Render

Question

• Hello,

How do I set the culture for the Render call on the ReportExecutionServiceSoapClient. I am using the service call to create  a pdf but all my dates is being rendered as en-US. I would like to render with different cultures depending on a parameter. 

The only parameter with smells like culture is the parameterLanguage parameter on the SetExecutionParameters method, but that is only controlling the format of the parameters.

I works fine both in the browser and in the report viewer control.

Thanks

Henrik.

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Henrik,

In a report, the date render format is determined by the language setting. You can set the language for the whole report, or a particular textbox. So, you can set the Language expression for the target object based on the parameter values in your report.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

How do I set the language parameter for a report at runtime, when I am executing it using the service?

All this must somehow be done automatically when I am using the report viewer control or executing it in a browser?

Thanks

Henrik.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your posting.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

Take a look at this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13022388/setting-language-culture-for-reporting-services-report-rendered-through-c-sharp

Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156493.aspx

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the WCF soap version of the service where I am unfortunately not able to override GetWebRequest method because it not exists. Any idea of how to do this in the WCF version?

Thanks

Henrik

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Do you maybe have an update on this?

Thanks

Henrik

Friday, August 09, 2013 1:29 PM