none
eCPM

General discussion

• Why the eCPM on Windows Phone Ads is too low. For me it is just $0.03 - $0.06? There was a day when it rised to $0.46 but just one day.

All my games get over 40000 impressions a day so just for about $2. This is really bad ROI for investing my time creating app for WP. MS keeps saying that ads revenue on Windows Phone is higher than Android's one, but, have a look at this report http://www.opera.com/sma/2012/q2/

Anyone else experiences the same low eCPM rate? Is there a way to improve that ePCM? Does Microsoft care about developers' ROI?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:40 AM

All replies

• Microsoft will need more market share to drive higher eCPMs. The unfortunately part is their pubcenter is not very attractive and does not attract advertisers like google adsense or some other ad network would.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:03 PM
  • be happy it has not go to 0$ecpm,It is also happening

Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:18 AM
  • In a way I'm reassured that I'm not the only one with these issues. I have been using pubCenter for about 2yrs now for WP and now Windows 8 and have yet to be impressed. Currently all I see are Bing ads with the occasional Car ad, and I'm in the US. I've put a lot of work into my apps and have generated quite a paltry ROI with this service. Actually, it has cost me. This is a bit neglectful and a shame really. I'm currently seeking alternative solutions at this time. Thanks for that link PacoVu, quite eye opening.

Oh, and I don't want to hear or read anymore that things are being looked into or so and so team has been informed. Please just fix it already. Thank you

Edit: Related post - http://community.bingads.microsoft.com/ads/en/publisher/f/63/p/74865/117000.aspx#117000

Sunday, December 09, 2012 12:03 PM
  • I'm starting to see ads like Trend Micro, Netflix, cars, MSN :) No more Bing though..

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:14 AM
  • Do you check where those impression come from?Many countries don't pay at all.  US , UK, Canada are ok.  I get most from US.  avg I get 0.30 to .60 ecpm.

Monday, February 04, 2013 11:30 AM
  • Australia 0.17

Canada 0.19

United Kingdom 0.14

Ireland 0.01

India 0.02

Malaysia 0.01

New Zealand 0.00

Philippines 0.01

Singapore 0.00

United States 0.29

South 0.01

Mostly from the US...

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:52 AM
  • I've posted a solution to this problem on Bing Ads Mobile User Voice:

bingads.uservoice.com/.../4074120-provide-a-minimum-ecpm-setting-for-filling-ad-r

It suggests giving developers a "Minimum eCPM" setting in pubCenter.  If pubCenter can fill the ad-request at-or-above that minimum amount, then it does.  If it can't then it returns an error status so that your ad-rotator can show house ads, AdDuplex, or ads from somewhere else.  This helps developers by giving them an option & should force advertisers to increase their ad-campaign bids in these markets.

If you agree that this would help, please Vote for this feature request at the User Voice link above!

Friday, June 14, 2013 10:26 AM