none
Custom view in dashboard

    Question

  • Hey,

    I created a system view in entity report showing all reports that use the appointment entity. I created a dashboard and added this view in the dashboard. It works, I exported the solution containing this dashboard and view, and placed in on another organization. It works like a charm.

    Now a week later, I adjusted the dashboard a little, adding more graph's (on the original solution), I didn't touch the list that contains my view from reports but now when I open the dashboard it can't open the view anymore, I get error saying contact your administrator... And the view shows: "grid refresh failed". When I go to reports the view works perfectly, I have a second dashboard that contains an Identical list but for orders and this one also fails. I replaced the views by a default view from report, this works fine. I created a new view and tried with that but this one also fails. So it seems that my dashboards keep failing on custom views in the report entity. If I go to the organization where I imported it to, everything still works fine.

    Anybody an idea on what could have gone wrong? 

    Monday, July 01, 2013 7:31 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    This kind of thing is usually down to a filter clause in the view that references an optionset value that doesn't exist (or has been removed).

    Open up the view and check each of the criteria - check that they are valid.

    hth


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Monday, July 01, 2013 7:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

    Thanks for the reply, but as far as I can see there is nothing wrong with the filter. The normal view works without problems. So when I go to reports, and select my view it works fine but when I use the view in a dashboard it doesn't work.

    The filter contains a filter on name and a filter on the related entities. This is an optionset but nothing has changed to this option set. It simply contains all entities and is a default option set from crm.

    Monday, July 01, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

    Interesting - if you on using OnPrem - perhaps try turning on diagnostics - http://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

    Refresh the grid with tracing on so you get the error - then turn tracing off again otherwise you'll get a disk full of trace files.

    hth


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Monday, July 01, 2013 8:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

    Thanks for the help, we traced the error and it turns out that for some strange reason I need to add the report type column to the view. Now it seems to work.

    Very strange especially because it worked before and still works on a different organization. 

    Monday, July 01, 2013 10:40 AM