none
Microsoft TechNet Wiki T-SQL Guru - Winners for January!!

All replies

• Hi XAML guy,

I was wondering that apart from helping fellow forum users and developers, does these articles helps the author too in some manner. As in does it add any professional valuables to the author.

Please use Mark as Answer; if my reply solved your problem. Use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. |WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SONNIE.HIM | |+91-9742-354-384 |

Friday, February 21, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Hi XAML guy,

I was wondering that apart from helping fellow forum users and developers, does these articles helps the author too in some manner. As in does it add any professional valuables to the author.

Please use Mark as Answer; if my reply solved your problem. Use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. |WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SONNIE.HIM | |+91-9742-354-384 |

Himanshu, I think this is subjective. It would help...

• Increase views of your articles
    • Give you good feedback to keep improving
    • Give you recognition for your articles
    • Increase your recognition points and achievement medals over time (because you're doing the contributions)
    • Get other people a chance to get to know you, which could lead to other opportunities (it has for several others, but it depends on a lot of factors)

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, February 21, 2014 11:32 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Ed Price - MSFT. Its actually cooool.

Friday, February 21, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Congrats to Ronan, Himanshu, and Naomi!

Guru Award  Transact-SQL Technical Guru - January 2014  

Gold Award Winner

Ronen Ariely Convert VBA Code to Transact-SQL DB: "Good treatment on converting older VBA scripts"
    Richard Mueller: "Potentially important. I would like to see examples of VBA code with the corresponding T-SQL."

Silver Award Winner

Himanshu Sharma T-SQL: Calendar Table Richard Mueller: "Very useful. I like the idea. This is code I would use and recommend."
    DB: "Another helpful treatment of calendar tables, with usable examples"

Bronze Award Winner

Naomi N T-SQL: How to put Grouped Results on the Same Line Richard Mueller: "Useful code. It would help to show the results."

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, February 21, 2014 12:01 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Ed :-)

Richard Mueller,
    Do you think I need to add the VBA/'MSACCESS queries, as well?
    It might be good for the MSACCESS users, and it will direct the article to wider audience. But at the same time, this will make the article longer (maybe too long) . At this time, it aimed to SQL Server DBAs (therefor I only added the SQL Server code)?

Ronen,

[Personal Site] [Blog] [Facebook]signature

Friday, February 21, 2014 5:44 PM
  • I agree it is best to not make the article too long. It is now 5 pages when printed, but some very good articles (including Guru contest Gold medal winners) are 7 pages, or even more.

One of the code snippets (with the Dim statement) is VBA. My first thought was that the snippets should be labeled to make it clear which is T-SQL and which is VBA. Since the article is about converting the code, I thought it would help to see the corresponding VBA, at least in a few cases. My thought was that T-SQL experts might not be as familiar with the VBA (or VB). It is only a suggestion.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, February 21, 2014 6:30 PM
  • OK, I will think what can be done about it, and how can things be more clear without adding too much text. In any case, it probably will not be this week. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Friday, February 21, 2014 6:46 PM
  • Naomi is a winner again!  What a shock....

Kalman Toth Database & OLAP Architect SELECT Video Tutorials 4 Hours
    New Book / Kindle: Exam 70-461 Bootcamp: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Saturday, February 22, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Congrats to Ronan, Himanshu, and Naomi!

sqldevelop.wordpress.com

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:44 PM
  • Thanks Saeid

* Can you look at this blog please, and check if using the font "Courier New" fit for Arabic/Persian. I believe you have the same problems as in Hebrew: 
    Windows console command shell Using Local Languages
    http://ariely.info/Blog/tabid/83/EntryId/139/Windows-console-command-shell-Using-Local-Languages-En-US.aspx

I want this blog to be general Guide, fit any local language needed. Therefor, I want to add a list of Font/Language pairs, like:

Font,Language
    Courier New, Hebrew
    XXX , Arabic

and so on

Thanks,

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:32 AM