none
Send email to Supervisor email field

Question

• I have written a workflow in SPD 2013 that runs an approval process for vacation requests. A user requests vacation and once saved, an approval process is started. I want to email the user's supervisor and tell them they have a task in Sharepoint to complete. Once the vacation request is approved or denied, an email is sent to the requestor. The supervisor's email address is in a custom field in a staff directory. The summiter's email is a a standard email address field in the staff directory.

The email to the submitter works fine. The supervisor never receives an email and if you view the workflow history in SharePoint, there is an error. "The email message cannot be sent. Make sure the email has a valid recipient."

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:12 PM

Answers

• I solved my problem by calling a custom variable linking it to the supervisor email address field.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi jimburris,

Please first check if there is a valid email address for the approvers. And if you are using system account as supervisor, try to use another common user.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:13 AM
  • There is a valid email address in the Supervisor's email address field. I think my problem is I don't know how to properly call it in the workflow. I can call an email address for the submitter just fine.

I am trying to pull the email address from the Staff Directory which is where I pull the submitter email address. for the field from source, I use Supervisor email address. I think my problem is in what to choose for the Find the List Item, Field, Value. What should be there?

Sorry, I am completely new at this, as you can see. Thank you.

Friday, March 22, 2013 12:46 PM
  • I solved my problem by calling a custom variable linking it to the supervisor email address field.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:04 PM
  • I had problem for sending email for approval process only one user skipping her immediate supervisor. User email approval process directly goes to manager. actually first goes to user immediate supervisor then manager, rest of users approval process is correct, but only one user skipping this process and email directly goes to manager instead of her immediate supervisor.

please give me solution

ravi sharepoint

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:54 PM