none
Issue With Custom States For Product Backlog Items

Question

• Hi,

I've recently modified our Product Backlog Item template using the process editor.

I added a couple of new custom states and transitions between these new states.

The states work fine and flow as expected.

The issue I'm having is this:

When a product backlog item's state is change from a default state - 'committed' for example - to our new custom states - 'ready to verify' for example - after clicking 'save and close' the PBI disappears from our sprint view and we are prompted with this message: "support project workflow testing" was removed because of your recent changes.Show details"

Can anyone provide some insight into this issue and explain how we can keep our PBIs from disappearing when they are in one of our custom states.

I've done some looking, but haven't seen anyone with this exact issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to confirm with you what's the version of TFS you are using?

Did this issue happen if the workitem is in one of the sub-iterations [root iteration\sprint1]?  If the work item is in the "root iteration", what's the result?

Another community member in this case gave us an explanation, which may help you:

If the work items are assigned to the iteration that you have marked as "Backlog iteration for this team", they will show up in the backlog page irrespective of their state.

Backlog page also shows the work items that are in "Proposed" state, i.e. New and Approved irrespective of the iteration.

It will not show the work items that are "In Progress" or "Done" state if they are assigned to other iterations, they will be visible in their iteration/sprint page.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:42 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your response.

To answer your question - This is happening in the current iteration view.

When the product backlog item in the current sprint changes status to our new custom status - 'ready to verify' - it disappears from the current sprint's view and notified with a message "support project workflow testing" was removed because of your recent changes.Show details".

Friday, January 24, 2014 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

I tried on my machine, and got the same behavior as yours. I think it is a default performance.

Maybe you can submit a user voice at the website below:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/category/30925-team-foundation-server

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:36 AM