Unable to set congestion provider using netsh in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• Hi, I am trying to set the congestion provider to CTCP in netsh but the ussual: netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp is deprecated and the netsh int tcp set supplemental method doesnt work neither. Even the example from the set supplemental help: netsh int tcp set supplemental custom 20 16 dctcp enabled 10 produces an error: The request is not supported.

thanks

Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hello Anonymous6389,

I get the same results as you do when trying to use netsh to set congestion provider.
    Since this is a pre-beta version, not all features and functionality work as desired. It may be included in the Beta or final version but I don't have any information regarding this issue.

I suggest you submit feedback on this issue on the Connect site.
    You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Anonymous6389,

I get the same results as you do when trying to use netsh to set congestion provider.
    Since this is a pre-beta version, not all features and functionality work as desired. It may be included in the Beta or final version but I don't have any information regarding this issue.

I suggest you submit feedback on this issue on the Connect site.
    You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Done, thanks 
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:07 PM