Can't open Crystal report with windows 7

Question

• Dear all

I have an application based on Vb.net and crystall report working on Xp and Vista operating system , but when i change the operating system to windows 7 , i start have problem with preview or print the  crystal report  .

i installed the CRRedist2008_x86 and still give me the same error  , i did new application with a form and report ,  when i debug itgive me this error "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception."

i don't know if there's a new version of crystal report should be install it with windows 7 ???

i will appreciate for response .

Thanks

Kassem Makkeh

Senior Developer \ System analysis
    Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:33 AM

All replies

• HI!
    If your application can run on Vista,which also can run on win7.
    Which  version of Crystal Report were you installed?
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

I'm facing the same problem too, my application is developed in Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition. The Crystal Report works fine on Vista and XP.

Please advice.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:53 AM
  • You only have to install CRRedist2008_x64.exe and it will be work perfect
    Senior Developer \ System analysis
    Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:19 AM

• I have an application written in VB6 & Crystal Report 8.5 and its working fine on XP

and  when i am installing it on Windows 7 Professional, it is still working but the Crystal Report is taking too long time to display the result. if i am login with administrator then there is no problem at all. only problem is with users.

Please suggest me what shall i do. I installed CRRedist2008_x64.exe and i changed compatibility setting but nothing change.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:41 AM
  •  

I couldn't run my application in Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit. Installing the redistributable only worked in the 64-bit version, installint the x86 redistributable did not work in the 32-bit version, instead I had to include the Crystal references dll's in the application folder.

What would you recommend for the Windows 7 32-bit version. My application was developed in XP sp2 32-bit.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:42 PM
  • Hi all,

There seems to be confusion of which version of Crystal Reports and which version of Visual Studio .NET to use. Click on the link to find out more.

As for VB 6 and the RDC it is not supported in Visual Studio .NET, you need to update to CR for .NET

What you need to do is match the version of the redist packages with the version of CR you developed with.

Thank you

Don

Don Williams
    • Proposed as answer by ingamicro Friday, February 25, 2011 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:54 AM