none
SSRS ReportViewer Displaying Corrupted Text

    Question

  • I'm having an issue with the ReportViewer control in an ASP.NET Web Application. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 and remote connecting to a SSRS Reporting Server running on SQL Server 2012.

    The report runs fine in a browser, but when I try to load it in the report viewer control, I get a bunch of random characters (see image below). When I do an "inspect element" on the web page, all other markup on the page is missing. Thoughts? 

    This is what is displayed:

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Answers

  • I found the solution. I needed to set enableSessionState to true in the web.config file.

    <pages enableSessionState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" enableEventValidation="true">

    • Marked as answer by Bobidybob Friday, August 15, 2014 2:56 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies

  • Hi Bobidybob,

    Based on my research, the issue can be caused by the version of ReportViewer control, browser and system. Please update ReportViewer control to latest release to check the issue again. If you are using another browser, I recommend that you should use IE explorer with appropriate syetem to display the web page. If you use IE explorer to display the web page, I suggest that you run it in compatibility mode.

    For more information about Browser Requirements for Viewing Reports with the ReportViewer web server controls, please refer to the following document:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms156511.aspx#bkmk_controls

    If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

    Regards,
    Katherine Xiong


    Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:53 AM
    Moderator
  • I found the solution. I needed to set enableSessionState to true in the web.config file.

    <pages enableSessionState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" enableEventValidation="true">

    • Marked as answer by Bobidybob Friday, August 15, 2014 2:56 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 2:56 PM