Line 2073: Class SHDocVwCtl.WebBrowser of control wbList was not a loaded control class.

Question

• Ok, I get that error now after installing IE7.  I know it's IE7 related but how can I get my VB6 project to load?  do I need to add that dll and somehow find that dll somewhere in outer space then add that to the GAC or my C:\Windows\Assemblies to make my VB6 project happy again?

I'm sure many have come across this but I haven't found a thread that tells you just how to fix your VB6 project in this case to add back in that assembly.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 5:09 PM

Answers

• figured it out...closing this.

Resolution:

Add back in the control in VB 6.0.  It’s under Project > Components > Controls tab > Microsoft Internet Controls

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:38 PM

All replies

• Does the project still load but with errors, or can you not even get the project to load?

If it loads with errors, you could try to recreate the component reference and see if that fixes it.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:01 PM
  • figured it out...closing this.

Resolution:

Add back in the control in VB 6.0.  It’s under Project > Components > Controls tab > Microsoft Internet Controls

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

I have added that microsoft controls...but still gives me problem when i run like webmethod not found.......

Could you tell me the complete process of adding that to the project.

Thank you in advance.
    Friday, June 27, 2008 9:45 PM