Where is the Immediate Window in VB 2005?

Question

• I just started using VB 2005.  I cannot seem to find the Immediate Window to use while debugging.  The documentation says it is under Debug | Windows | Immediate, but it is not there, even when I am in Break Mode.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:37 PM

Answers

• I do infact find it under Debug, Windows, Immediate...you should also be able to type "immed" in the command window to bring up the immediate window
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:00 PM

All replies

• I do infact find it under Debug, Windows, Immediate...you should also be able to type "immed" in the command window to bring up the immediate window
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:00 PM
  • Ctrl+G should also bring up the immediate window.

Do you know what profile you are using?  You could try resetting the profile to VB profile and that should cause it to appear in the Debug > Windows menu as expected.  You can reset the profile from Tools > Import and Export Settings...
    Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:39 PM
  • Or instead of resetting the profile you can go to
    Tools--> Options--> Environment--> Keyboard and type "immediate" in the textbox "Show commands containing:"
    You should see a command named Debug.Immediate and you can see what is the shortcut

Luca Dellamore
    Visual Basic Test Team
    Friday, November 18, 2005 8:35 PM
  • The suggestions that some of you are giving work, but I'm trying to get it to restore itself as an option in the Debug|Windows menu.

I've tried running the Import and Export Settings Wizard and resetting everything to default, but this isn't working for me.

Ctrl Alt I does bring it up for me.

I'm using the Software Developers' Edition of the Team System.

Any other suggestions on how to add this option to the Debug|Windows menu. It hasn't been there since I installed.

I did have .NET 2003 installed and uninstalled it before installing this.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:17 PM