none
Sharepoint List issue with permissions

Question

• My list contains big amount of data. Secondly the group is having read permission for all members on this list. The list is displaying items for only who is having CONTRIBUTE permission or higher. But not for READ Permission. they are showing only number of Items in limits like 1-200 on first row of the list but no data is displayed for this list. See the below image. This user is having Read permission. but for farm or admin user the data is displayed. Please let me know if any solution for this.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Mansuri,

Please navigate to List Settings > Advanced Settings > Check option selected for "Item-Level Permissions"

If you want all users to see all List items then "Read All Items" should be selected under Item-Level permissions.

Refer to below screenshot:

Please ensure that you mark a question as Answered once you receive a satisfactory response.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 3:24 PM
  • It is already selected in Advance settings. Please refer below screen shot.

Restarting the SharePoint server did not worked. I have been tested it with Chrome, Firefox and IE. But still facing the same issue. To the same user if i give contribute permission then it is displaying data but if i make it Read access then it is not showing the data. My head is now stretchy.... I can not give write access to this user for update.  what to do...!!

this issue is in Firefox / Chrome and IE. So i do not think it is related to any browser compatibility.

and see his permissions on list as below screen.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:51 PM
  • For the time being I have changed the list view from DataSheet to HTML as Default.. instead of datasheet view from SharePoint Designer 2013  and it is visible for everyone. also increased number of list items to 1500 per page.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi Mr. Jain,

you got any update related this issue.? Because situation is getting more worst for me. My list is having 22000 List items. and the HTML view is also crashing again and again after increasing the number of items.

Kindly please let me know if u get any solution.

thank you

Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:44 AM
  • 22k items is well over the list view threshold. Have you increased that number or made use of metadata navigation to get around the 5k limit?
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Can you please also try by giving view access to the users and see if users are able to see the list items.
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 9:36 AM
  • i have increased the threshold to 25000 and its working for that and also for number of item display to 500.
    Monday, July 21, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Increasing the threshold isn't a good option long term.

The number of items on a page is more or less irrelevant. 2k is a lot so may slow down the client a fair bit but the throttling is purely at the SQL/server end of things.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hi Mr. Verma,

Can you explain me more about this.? all users are having read permission on list.

Thank you.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Mr Alex, 

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you it is not good idea but I tried everything including Indexing on columns also but the result was not displaying. 

I choose this as a last option for me

if you have something good to this issue please let me know..

Thanking you in advance.

Monday, July 21, 2014 12:07 PM