none
State Machine Workflow and Replicator

Question

• Hi

I have a state machine approval workflow. In my Approval state I have two activities i.e. StateInitialize and CodeActivity. In StateInitialize activity I am using CreateTask Acvity within replicator.

In CodeActivity I have OnTaskChanged Activity.

Now my question is how do I respond to specific TaskChanged event. I am setting different correlationToken and TaskProperties while creating task.

How do I handle this on TaskChanged event?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:30 PM

All replies

• I have the exact same problem - using a state machine, if you are creating a series of tasks in the initializer through a replicator - how do you configure the event handler to monitor changes to any of the tasks you have just created?  There does not seem to be an intuitive way to configure the correlation tokens on the OnTaskChanged activity. 

Has anyone found a solution to this or does the WF model not fit these types of workflows?

Sunday, May 06, 2007 2:06 PM
  • I couldnt find a solution and then had to convert my state machine WF to Sequential WF. My sequential WF is so bad but then I could not find any option. Hope MS will provide some samples for achieving the same.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:24 PM
  • Hi all !

I have also the same problem... Has anyone found the solution ?
    If so, please tell me how you 've done ! Thanks

Monday, May 07, 2007 12:25 PM
  • I'd have to go back and double check my notes, which will take time, but as I recall, a replicator isn't supported in a State Machine.  Again, that's my recollection - it may not bear and resemblence to reality.

-Dave

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:27 AM
  •  DaveM. wrote:

I'd have to go back and double check my notes, which will take time, but as I recall, a replicator isn't supported in a State Machine. Again, that's my recollection - it may not bear and resemblence to reality.

-Dave

Hi Deve, Please tell us what you found. Thanks
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 2:35 PM
  • Please let me know what you find.

If replicator is not supported then there must be a way to create multiple tasks in a statemachine

I tried to figure out an alternative to using replicator

I tried creating a state (called substate) within a state (called Main) and creating the tasks in the substate and then setting the state to itself (hoping that another task would get created).

I put the event driven activities in the Main state and don't they seem to respond properly

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Reggie

Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:00 PM
  • I'm going to be looking into this further in the next week or so.  I can't find the comment in my notes about whether it is supported or not.  I'd swear it was there, though...

I'll post whatever I come up with - good or bad.

Dave

Monday, July 09, 2007 12:16 AM
  • Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm assuming we're going to have to rewrite our state machines as sequential workflows. Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:17 PM
  • I tried a bunch of different work arounds and wasted a alot of time on this problem and possible workarounds.  Ultimately I gave up and re-wrote the workflow as a sequential workflow.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:52 AM
  • can you please post some details or provide some guidance/examples on how to translate a state machine WF to a sequential WF? thanks

Monday, November 12, 2007 6:46 PM
  • Even I have the same problem for implementing replicator in state machine workflow.. did anyone got workaround for this..
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:29 PM