none
MS Streets and Trips

Question

• would MS streets and trips software be able to use the GPS device available on the Samsung Win 8 tablet? (meaning the version given away by MS last year during the BUILD conference)
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 5:53 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, the internal device drivers don't work. You would have to use the GPS deviced provided with S&T, which is currently recommended.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Hi Andrzej,

As long as the internal GPS is functional, it could work with S&T, even if the specs say it is not compatible. Usually the baud rate is an issue, but that could be overcome with a free GpsGate, which could serve you as a baud rate convertor http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/2531-gpsgate

Laptop GPS World

Friday, May 04, 2012 9:43 PM
  • Marvin,

I have tried several things on this tablet. Nothing seems to work for me.

I have tried disabling / enabling  and reinstalling the driver for the globe trotter m067xx device.

I have changed port settings to 4800 baud rate.

I have installed the GpsGate as you suggested.

Still no luck... the MS Streets & Trips do not see the gps device on this tablet.

I must be doing something wrong.... but what?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Andrzej, have you managed to get GpsGate working? When GPS Gate is working, you should see no RED icon in the system tray. The icon should be either GREEN or YELLOW.

Laptop GPS World

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:16 PM
  • thanks for quick reply

I installed the GpsGate and followed the setup instructions. It did not detect any GPS sensor on my tablet.

The DeviceManager shows GlobeTrotterM067xx device and driver installed and enabled.

Andrzej

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:24 PM