Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:38 PM
I installed vs2010 and i want to add new item then it shows dialog box.there is no installed templates.
dialog box shows like (no installed templates.see activity log.please log/command line switch to generate activity log.)
i used thread like
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE>devenv/setup
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE>devenv/installvstempla
but in vs2010 same issues is there.No installed templates.
please help me to solve the problem.
- Edited by raja515 Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:39 PM
Monday, August 20, 2012 2:16 AMModerator
Would you please try this to add missing templates ?
- Close all instance of Visual Studio.
- Open visual studio command prompt .(Starr menu – All Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 - Visual Studio Tools - right click and run as administrator (visaul studio 2010command prompet)
- After opening command prompt , type devenv /installvstemplates . Press Enter.
- Let the process be complete and now open visual studio . You will get all missing templates under Visual Studio installed templates.
In addition , there are some similiar discussion here :
Hope this helps .
Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:56 AM
hi Lisa Zhu,
Thanks for your kind suggestion.Its worked. I got all missing templates.
Thanks and Regards
- Edited by raja515 Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:57 AM