How to add column (assign to) to the backlog page in Team Web Access for a Scrum Process TFS 11 Beta?
Saturday, April 14, 2012 1:37 AM
Just see the following imageWe are volunteers, if the reply help you mark it as your answer. thanks!!
Monday, April 16, 2012 3:04 PM
You can add a column in the Agile process settings. You can find the steps required to do this at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh543813(v=vs.110).aspx#import
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:57 AMModerator
Thanks Ewald for your kindly help.
In order to add one column on the Product Backlog page, you need to customize the team project process template you are using just as Ewald mentioned above. Please follow the steps below:
- Download the Scrum 2.0 template to your local machine.
- Open the folder <drive>:\Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 2.0 - Preview 3\WorkItem Tracking\Process.
- Open the file AgileConfiguration.xml, and add the column you want to the Columns node under the ProductBacklog node. You may have your script to be similar to: (on my side, I add the AssignedTo column)
<ProductBacklog> <Columns> <Column refname="System.Title" width="400" /> <Column refname="System.State" width="100" /> <Column refname="Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.Effort" width="50" /> <Column refname="System.IterationPath" width="200" /> <Column refname="System.AssignedTo" width="200" /> </Columns> <AddPanel> <Fields> <Field refname="System.Title" /> </Fields> </AddPanel> </ProductBacklog>
4. Save the file, and then upload the customized Scrum 2.0 process template to TFS11 Beta server.
5. Use the new Scrum 2.0 template to create a new team project. And at this time, you will see the new added column.
Vicky Song [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- Marked As Answer by M.Radwan-MVPMVP Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:12 AM
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:15 AM
Thanks Vicky, both of you very helpful.We are volunteers, if the reply help you mark it as your answer. thanks!!