Monday, September 19, 2011 2:21 PMOwner
Team Foundation Service Preview Known Issues
1. Cannot create your account using Visual Studio Team Foundation Service Preview invitation code
We received a few reports that some users were unable to create accounts after forgetting to include spaces when entering their Visual Studio Team Foundation Service Preview invitation codes. We made a quick change to accommodate those that may have made this same mistake. If you ran into this issue and were not able to create your account because of it, please go to and try signing up again using the same original invitation code.
2. Access denied error when creating a team project from Visual Studio
The Visual Studio 2010 client is not able to create a team project against the Team Foundation Service Preview, even after the client compatibility patch is applied. Unfortunately, the error message you’ll get if you try isn’t very helpful in diagnosing the issue. We’re hoping to improve it.
The workaround is to navigate to the team project creation wizard in a web browser. You can find it by navigating to https://<account>.tfspreview.com/_admin/_start/GettingStarted and clicking on the “create a team project” link.
3. Cannot connect to Hosted TFS from Visual Studio 2010 client
4. Certain file types under source control are not viewable in Team Web Access
The source control features in Team Web Access have undergone a major overhaul since TFS 2010. We aren’t yet finished adding support for all of the file types you’re likely to have in source control. So, if you try to look at your .cshtml file and find you can’t, just be patient. We’ll get there.
5. Unable to configure a TFS 2010 build agent/controller
Unfortunately, the TFS 2010 build agent and controller is not compatible with the Team Foundation Service Preview. You’ll need to use the build server software that is part of the Team Foundation Server 11 Developer Preview. You can find information about that release .
6. Links to view build log and drop location do not work from the web-based build report
Yep, we know about it. We’ll fix it. No work around yet. Sorry…
7. The “Sign in with another identity provider” link doesn’t do anything
That’s because we only support LiveID at this point. We want to accept more in the future, at which point this link will do something.
8. The web experience doesn’t look right in IE 7
9. The Product Backlog link on the backlog hub may not work
Certain characters (like parenthesis) in the iteration path configured for your team can cause the product backlog link to not work. The workaround is to click on the “backlog” hub near the top of the screen to access the backlog.
10. Team Project creation \ deletion using Visual Studio can only be done from a Visual Studio 11; does not work from Visual Studio 10.
To delete a Team Project created in the Team Foundation Service Preview, you use TFSDeleteProject.exe just as you normally would. The only caveat is that you have to use the TFSDeleteProject.exe from Team Explorer\Dev 11... the VS2010 version will not work. You can get the Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vstudio/hh127353. See this BLOG post for more details:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/buckh/archive/2011/09/19/how-to-delete-a-team-project-from-tfs-on-azure.aspx.
Team project creation can only be doing in Web Access or via Visual Studio 11 (which actually opens Web Access).
11. Having issue with TEE11 connecting to Hosted TFS?
We have seen issue with TEE11 on WinXP SP3 32-bit connecting to Hosted TFS. This does not work. TEE11 on any other windows platform works fine so work around for now would be using TEE11 on a different windows platform.