none
When dynamically setting font family of a Tablix, the NoRowsMessage label renders correctly as html, but a PDF is rendered as Arial

Question

• The data I am displaying in a report can be any language, and as such I'm using the ability to dynamically set the font family on each control via a report parameter i.e.

FontFamily =Parameters!ReportFont.Value

This is working, and when there are no rows returned, the message is displayed in the correct font when displayed in html.

However when this same report is rendered as a PDF, the font family for the No Rows Message is lost, and the default font Arial is used.

Is this a known bug?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi More,

I have tested it on my local environment (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2, Adobe Reader 11.0 on Windows 7), the default Font dispaly well on PDF file. In your scenario, if you use a custom font, then the custom fonts that are used in the report must be installed on the report server and on the client computers used to view the report because of PDF rendering extension does not embed fonts. For the detail information about it, please refer to the link below to see Font Requirements section.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255291(v=sql.105).aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:23 AM
  • Hi Charlie

I do not believe this is correct in my scenario as I am running everything on my development machine.  This is also failing when generating the PDF from within the VS 2010 development environment. 

Other text boxes within the report are fine and display the correct font, however the 'No Rows Message' is always displayed in Arial

This also happens when exporting the report as a tiff.  However mhtml is exported correctly.

The font I'm using is typically Comic Sans MS (so I can tell if its working).

If you set the font directly it works (i.e. fontFamily = Comic Sans MS).  However if you set the font via a report variable it fails (i.e. fontFamily=Parameters!ReportFont.

Cheers, Nick

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:09 PM