none
Application.exe encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience

Question

• Dear All,

I developed a Window Mobile 6.0 application using .net 3.5 compact framework and Sql Server Compact Edition and some Windows APIs. when I close the application, it throws "Application.exe encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience." this exception with two buttons in the dialog box "Send" and "Don't Send".

Please help me how to solve this issue.

Laxman

Friday, May 04, 2012 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Finally R & D works and I managed to fix the exception.

There are two issues I found which we should handle carefully which are following:

1. When we use ShowDialog() method to open the form we must dispose the form object after ShowDialog() and assign null into form object.

2. We must know which font the Hand Held device can have. if we use the font which does not exist in the device then also we will get the flickering exception window and message will be "Application has encountered a serious problem need to close the application."

Thanks

Laxman

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:14 PM

All replies

• There's little chance anybody would be able to help you as there's no useful information in your post.

Please consider attaching debugger to your application in order to figure out what exactly is going and in which line of code.

Once you know which code does that post the portion of the code along with all needed context such as variable values, complete exception information (if you're getting an exception), etc. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 04, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

Following the error message.

}\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}}
    {\colortbl ;}
    \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf0\f0\fs20 Error Signature:r
    EventType:WinCE600Exception, P1:WamVesselApp.exe, P2:1.0.0.0, P3:4fa3f44f, P4:netcfagl3_5.dll, P5:3.5.7283.0, P6:470d842b, P7:00019b98, P8:WamVesselApp.exe, P9:1.0.0.0, P10:4fa3f44f
    }

which i copied from error dialog box.

Laxman

Monday, May 07, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi All,

There are two issues I found which we should handle carefully which are following:

1. When we use ShowDialog() method to open the form we must dispose the form object after ShowDialog() and assign null into form object.

2. We must know which font the Hand Held device can have. if we use the font which does not exist in the device then also we will get the flickering exception window and message will be "Application has encountered a serious problem need to close the application."

Thanks

Laxman

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks

Laxman

I had the same issue with our software on Windows CE 6.0.
    Remarkably, on Windows Mobile Classic 6.1 and Windows CE 5.0 this error did not show up.

In our case it was the Net CF 3.5 Listview Class, which caused the problem in direct correspondence with a modified font property. We had assigned "Tahoma, 12, Regular", standard is "Tahoma, 10, Regular".

I could successfully break the error by assigning the standard font "Tahoma, 10pt, Regular" to each Listview in the program in the OnClosed-Event of its containing form.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:46 PM