We would like to bypass the Microsoft Account sign in page in order to go directly to the HealthVault account and record creation page. The goal is to make the registration process more painless for the user of our application that don't already have a Microsoft Account.
In the shell redirect interface, I swear I saw an attribute that would allow this, but for the life of me I cannot locate it. Unless, I am crazy and such a thing doesn't exist.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'bypassing' the Microsoft Account sign-in page, as you need to be authenticated by something (Microsoft Account, Facebook, OpenId) before you can get to the account/record creation page.
There is the feature where you can capture the user details in your own app (e.g name, DOB, country, etc) and pass that through to the HealthVault sign-up process to ease the account creation stage - details can be found in the HealthVault release blog here (see the section entitled 'Application Initiated Workflows), but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.
- Proposed as answer by Santhosh Pillai Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:18 PM
The scenario is:
- New users do not have a MS account nor a HV account
- When you go to the MS sign in page from a HV application, there is a link to the lower right that says: "Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now"
- That link takes you to the HV account creation page, which also creates a MS account at the same time.
- Therefore, the sign in page is useless and we need to be able to send the user directly to the account (MS/HV) creation page.